Home

Recruits Decommitting

This is a discussion on Recruits Decommitting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Recruits Decommitting

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick1ru2
Pretty cool unless you are UGA. I hate this part of the real process. USF has had two high level decommits in the past two years. Grrrrrr. Thanks ACC for destroying the Big East.

The number one dual threat QB who won the Elite 11 MVP, Asantii Woulard, decommited TWICE. This year there was another high level decommit, he did it over night because his brother talked it out of him. Geez.

I with they had descipline and NCAA violations which won't happen now that the NCAA has pulled out.
Actually, discipline and NCAA violations will be more likely to be in the game now that the NCAA has pulled out. They didn't want negative things like that in the game because they didn't want to promote things like that. But now that they don't have an agreement with EA Sports, then they have no say-so about it.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #34
Rookie

slick1ru2's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarrett
Actually, discipline and NCAA violations will be more likely to be in the game now that the NCAA has pulled out. They didn't want negative things like that in the game because they didn't want to promote things like that. But now that they don't have an agreement with EA Sports, then they have no say-so about it.

Not sure you can have an NCAA violation when you can't even use that name in the game. It had been in one of the games before, can't recall if it was 2k or EA's. And you had to decide what discipline was to be done, if any and then had to see if your actions were ok with the NCAA who could override them and change them. And its the schools that don't want the bad publicity, obviously. The last thing EA wants is to tick them off my adding something that makes their school's students look bad.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarrett
That would be fine as long as it isn't simply random. If part of the coaching tree is the option to cut corners and gain recruiting advantages or run a clean program which would either increase or decrease the likelihood of sanctions depending on which path the user took. The problem with sanctions in reality is they don't really amount to anything other than temporarily inconvenience. Alabama has been on probation more than anybody in the last decade and they are as good as ever.

Discipline would make sense if a recruit has a character attribute.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #36
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DataBull
I think the OP must be referring to players that have "locked" their top schools rather than a commit. As the previous poster said, a truly committed player won't visit.
Not true. The guy was committed to Georgia. As I said. I advanced and have auto save so I don't really have a screenshot to show you. Been here since 2005....not really a reason to lie about it. I saw what I saw.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 07-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #37
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
Not true. The guy was committed to Georgia. As I said. I advanced and have auto save so I don't really have a screenshot to show you. Been here since 2005....not really a reason to lie about it. I saw what I saw.

I don't think anyone is saying you are lying, just mistaken or it was a bad glitch. I'm comfortable in saying that there aren't decommittments in this game once they commit somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #38
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

OVR: 10
Could have been a glitch for sure. I just saw it and wanted to post in hopes that someone else had saw the same thing.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 7

Did another player of the same position commit to the school as well?

Players "decommit", but it happens with a possible Playing Time glitch. Some players have dealbreakers that go into affect if prospects playing time rating drops into dealbreaker status.

Say you sign a QB that has a dealbreaker as PT... then the week after you sign another QB to fill out your roster. If the first signed QB's PT rating drops into deal breaker status, he will "decommit".

This also occurs with Athletes. You may not have a conflicting player on your squad (say a Free Safety) and you sign your 1 targeted Free Safety, if you have an Athlete that is rated high enough to play FS, then the CPU lowers the Playing Time rating of the actual Free Safety you signed, which means he will "decommit".

Not sure if that is what you saw in this case, but it's an element in the game... whether or not that was intended by EA is up for debate.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:28 PM   #40
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

OVR: 0

Wow, I've yet to see this occur. I need to do some testing on that by just going out there trying to sign several guys at one position and see if any decommit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »