Home

So Heisman slows my guys down..?

This is a discussion on So Heisman slows my guys down..? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2013, 10:57 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: So Heisman slows my guys down..?

Seems ridiculous at a speed threshold of 0 on heisman still results in your speed players not being able to break away for a big gain in the open field. I enjoy the fact that it keeps there from being as many big plays, but every time I get an open field, I seem to have some defender fly in out of nowhere and grab the legs of my runner no matter how fast he is.

I may have to try some sliders on all american and work on making the game difficult on all american.

Does anyone know if varsity or all american would be the more equal cpu-human speed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 12:53 AM   #26
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

OVR: 1

All-American has always been the "truest playing" of the all of them, but I have been using the OS community Varsity/Heisman suggestion due to the DB glitch. I totally agree about the 0 Threshold, but the guys who made the sliders sugggested 95 threshold, but I fumbled on my opponents 6 yd line and watched a ROLB pick it up and run it back and no one on my team could catch him. I REFUSE to believe that's the way to solve the game and give realistic speed, just no way.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oraeon1224
Several years back (maybe5) an EA programmer commented that the skill levels provide boost to the player statistics or penalties. It would be to complex for EA to programmer better AI (i.e. better coaching and QB decision making). You can test speed of human players and see the penalty. You can also compare receivers to DB this year.

Sliders just apply boost to specific player statistics (like Run defense applies boost or penalties to play recognition). Difficulty applies penalties or boost to all statistics.

This makes the most sense of anything that has been said. Problem is, I just won the NC in my first dynasty on Heisnan. Can I really boost All-American and make it really difficult?

I suppose I have to try. I have a 95 speed 95 accel player and he unrealistically gets caught from behind on Heisman, even with a threshold of 25
Old 08-01-2013, 11:27 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorsinRENO
All-American has always been the "truest playing" of the all of them, but I have been using the OS community Varsity/Heisman suggestion due to the DB glitch. I totally agree about the 0 Threshold, but the guys who made the sliders sugggested 95 threshold, but I fumbled on my opponents 6 yd line and watched a ROLB pick it up and run it back and no one on my team could catch him. I REFUSE to believe that's the way to solve the game and give realistic speed, just no way.
95 threshold is a flame. Why would anyone want Manziel to only be slightly faster than a 250 lb DE?

Gator, can you get a difficult challenge on Varsity? Also why play Heisman on D? Doesn't than mean your guys still have the DB glitch and also have reduced ratings due to Heisman?

BTW I guess I've never seen DB glitch.. You mean when DB keeps back peddling? This doesn't happen everytime for me, so it doesn't seem like a glitch.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #29
Rookie

wtd03's Arena

For some reason I cant post new threads.

Why is it that the CPU has an 87 rated qb with a break tackle rating of 65 yet he is breaking my linebackers and DB tackles like he is barry sanders? They are rated in the 90's for tackling.

I am also playing on heisman. Why is it so unrealistic? It completely negates ratings of players. What level of difficulty has the most accurate playing ability to the ratings of my guys?
Old 08-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtd03
For some reason I cant post new threads.

Why is it that the CPU has an 87 rated qb with a break tackle rating of 65 yet he is breaking my linebackers and DB tackles like he is barry sanders? They are rated in the 90's for tackling.

I am also playing on heisman. Why is it so unrealistic? It completely negates ratings of players. What level of difficulty has the most accurate playing ability to the ratings of my guys?

Because Heisman is unrealistic. I use to think playing on Heisman was like an achievement because most of my friends only play on AA but i realize it by far shows most of the faults of the gameplay. I have seen too many QB's dip their shoulder into my linebackers and run for 20+ yards. And i was honestly thinking the same thing as mention before in this thread that the CPU gets a "boost" when playing on heisman. Wide Receivers and RBs are getting chase and caught with ease by linebackers and Dline. Heat seeker dive tackles occur more often. I would try different sliders but i mostly do my play online so that would not help me not one bit.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #31
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarre85
95 threshold is a flame. Why would anyone want Manziel to only be slightly faster than a 250 lb DE?

Gator, can you get a difficult challenge on Varsity? Also why play Heisman on D? Doesn't than mean your guys still have the DB glitch and also have reduced ratings due to Heisman?

BTW I guess I've never seen DB glitch.. You mean when DB keeps back peddling? This doesn't happen everytime for me, so it doesn't seem like a glitch.
No challenge on varsity, I was using matt10 sliders and it just too easy using a varsity based slider. I only Heisman both ways. The speed slow down hasn't occurred and I don't think thats real bug the awareness of the QB picks up dramatically.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
No challenge on varsity, I was using matt10 sliders and it just too easy using a varsity based slider. I only Heisman both ways. The speed slow down hasn't occurred and I don't think thats real bug the awareness of the QB picks up dramatically.
I think what bugs me is that the QB can throw to anybody at any time and the receiver will make the catch. but i do recall that EA explain there is a feature to where there will be less chance for a receiver to make the catch if he is not "looking" for the ball or his icon is not lit. I seen this both ways for CPU and user but for the CPU since we do not see an icon i try to assume that if their heads are not turn around they are not looking for the ball but i see majority of the CPU passes to receivers who are not even looking back and then get the ball to soon or too late out of their route, sometimes as if the CPU breaks the route completely. I have seen out routes turn into Corner routes easily lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »