Home

How can I get my passing game going?

This is a discussion on How can I get my passing game going? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2013, 01:04 AM   #1
Rookie

JakeReaves's Arena

OVR: 0
How can I get my passing game going?

For the life of me I cant pass the football in this game. I read all the threads about how easy passing the ball is but I just cant seem to do it. What route combinations are you guys using? Everytime I wanna throw a fly pattern or a corner route the DB is like Deion over there. Playing on AA with GaTech.
Give me some pointers please. I have nobody open except maybe one out of every 4 passing plays my slot receiver will be left wide open on a post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2013, 01:08 AM   #2
Rookie

FSUNolez's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How can I get my passing game going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeReaves
For the life of me I cant pass the football in this game. I read all the threads about how easy passing the ball is but I just cant seem to do it. What route combinations are you guys using? Everytime I wanna throw a fly pattern or a corner route the DB is like Deion over there. Playing on AA with GaTech.
Give me some pointers please. I have nobody open except maybe one out of every 4 passing plays my slot receiver will be left wide open on a post.
You're playing with Georgia Tech. Run the option to open up passes.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:10 AM   #3
Rookie

JakeReaves's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUNolez
You're playing with Georgia Tech. Run the option to open up passes.
Im running the ball constantly. There is nothing open in the passing game for me.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:27 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Here is a play that I like to run a lot. First, call a read option play with 4 receivers (2 on each side) and a running back in the formation. If the corners back off the receivers, audible to pass and hot route the outside guys to curl routes and if the it is man coverage, they will be open every time. Also hot route the inside guys to slants or any route over the middle so if it is zone and the curls are covered, you can check down to the inside guys.

If the defense is playing press and there is a corner lined up in front of every receiver, just run the read option play. On rare occasions, you will get a play where one of the slot receivers doesn't have anyone near him pre snap. In that case, hot route him to an out route towards the sideline, and the outside receiver on the same side to a streak to clear him out. Also, post routes over the middle tend to work very well. Streaks are almost impossible to complete unless the receiver is wide open though.

I hope this helps but a lot of passing on this game is about pre snap reads. Generally, a slant over the middle from a slot receiver can beat most coverages if you are in a pinch and don't know what to do
Old 07-28-2013, 01:30 AM   #5
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeReaves
Im running the ball constantly. There is nothing open in the passing game for me.
One other thing that you can do is raise your Offensive and Defensive Pass Interference penalty sliders to 100, this will give MUCH more separation. I play with Georgia Tech too, and PA is definitely the way to go, that and quick plays like slants. Or, you can take a play like Four Verticals or Slants and use hot routes to attack a spot in the defense based on their alignment. Since you use GT, I would assume you would be running the Flexbone-Normal as your main formation? If so, that would make it even easier since you are completely balanced and don't tip your hand as to what side you are attacking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2013, 02:41 AM   #6
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Slants, curls, ins, and outs are money

Flys don't seem to work to well unless they bump even then they often have a safety over the top
Old 07-28-2013, 03:30 AM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Slants, curls, ins, and outs are money

Flys don't seem to work to well unless they bump even then they often have a safety over the top
Agreed. Unless the CPU plays press outside flys are usually a no-go. Even if they get past the bump if they have a solid safety forget about it. I will say though four verts is money 75% of the time to the guy going thru the seem of the D, either TE or WR. The flys on the outside occupy the safeties and the MLB usually can't cover that much space. Depending on how long you wait it is 25+yds with fairly good consistency.

I've also found route combos were the outside wr runs a dig while the inside guy runs a deep post. The safety usually bites on the dig and if the wr gets seperation on the post there is a lot of green grass in front of you.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:31 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersredspacers
Here is a play that I like to run a lot. First, call a read option play with 4 receivers (2 on each side) and a running back in the formation. If the corners back off the receivers, audible to pass and hot route the outside guys to curl routes and if the it is man coverage, they will be open every time. Also hot route the inside guys to slants or any route over the middle so if it is zone and the curls are covered, you can check down to the inside guys.

If the defense is playing press and there is a corner lined up in front of every receiver, just run the read option play. On rare occasions, you will get a play where one of the slot receivers doesn't have anyone near him pre snap. In that case, hot route him to an out route towards the sideline, and the outside receiver on the same side to a streak to clear him out. Also, post routes over the middle tend to work very well. Streaks are almost impossible to complete unless the receiver is wide open though.

I hope this helps but a lot of passing on this game is about pre snap reads. Generally, a slant over the middle from a slot receiver can beat most coverages if you are in a pinch and don't know what to do
I'd destroy you online

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »