Home

CPU putting random players on my team?

This is a discussion on CPU putting random players on my team? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

OVR: 1
CPU putting random players on my team?

I noticed this last night when I went through the first off-season activities. After I cut my roster from 74-70 I had random players on my squad. I know I did't recruit them because their overall ratings were between 49 and 50 something.

Is there a reason the CPU does that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CPU putting random players on my team?

did you have any position needs that were not filled when recruiting? if you did then they put walk ons on the team to fill your roster.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
Rookie

BearsNVA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor1234
did you have any position needs that were not filled when recruiting? if you did then they put walk ons on the team to fill your roster.
No, that's what I'm confused about. I had no people want to transfer out, and I filled in all of my positions of need. I also didn't have anybody besides seniors in the draft.

Literally there was no reason for it. I wish I could go back and look at how things were roster wise before it happened.

I just don't understand how you fill all your needs, don't lose anybody, have to cut your team from 74-70, and there's a bunch of crap players out of nowhere.

I'll have to pay close attention this time around. Maybe take pictures so I know I'm not going nuts, LOL.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
Rookie

falcor1234's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsNVA
No, that's what I'm confused about. I had no people want to transfer out, and I filled in all of my positions of need. I also didn't have anybody besides seniors in the draft.

Literally there was no reason for it. I wish I could go back and look at how things were roster wise before it happened.

I just don't understand how you fill all your needs, don't lose anybody, have to cut your team from 74-70, and there's a bunch of crap players out of nowhere.

I'll have to pay close attention this time around. Maybe take pictures so I know I'm not going nuts, LOL.
thats very interesting. i know in last years game the cpu recruited players for you in addition to what you recruited. but they were always 2 and 3 star guys.
i just finished my season and didnt see anybody added to my roster so maybe its a random thing.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #5
MVP

mjavon's Arena

There may have been a programming error in the 'walk-on' function. Must have decided you did not meet position requirements although you really did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #6
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcor1234
thats very interesting. i know in last years game the cpu recruited players for you in addition to what you recruited. but they were always 2 and 3 star guys.
i just finished my season and didnt see anybody added to my roster so maybe its a random thing.
I don't like that this happens either, mainly because it affects my final rankings in recruiting. When the CPU inexplicably adds 1-4 players to my roster, it artificially boosts my final class ranking. It just irks me because I don't get to see my true class ranking. (I always cut the CPU auto-recruited players).

End of First season: one 3* that I didn't recruit
End of Second season:three 3* and one 4* that I didn't recruit
End of Third season: one 3* and one 4* that I didn't recruit
(...annoying)

And this is not a case of filling any "team need" either.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 07-28-2013, 11:29 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

These are recruits that have your team listed #1 and no other team is recruiting them. So on signing day they sign with your team even though you didnt offer a scholarship. I just keep a list of the players I recruited, and cut the new players I didnt recruit
Old 07-29-2013, 04:45 AM   #8
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

It's what everyone has been saying, on signing day, the CPU will automatically fill open scholarships with players that would sign with you if your targeted players don't use all 25 or don't sign with you. That's just the case of what happened. You're best bet is just to cut them first.

Otherwise it was because of positional requirements adding on walk ons.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »