Home

Medical Red Shirts

This is a discussion on Medical Red Shirts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #9
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Medical Red Shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
Umm obviously not.. can't you tell by the fact the OP said they wish it was added to the game, and the other posters saying how it would be a nice addition to the game?

Edit: The OP was you.. go figure..
NCAA Football 14 wasn't the only "next-gen" NCAA game.

He was asking as a general question if any of this gens games had it.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-29-2013, 11:53 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

I had a 99 OVR former backup QB miss out on his only season as the starter due to a broken collarbone.
Old 07-30-2013, 12:00 AM   #11
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

I remember medical redshirts being added last gen, as everyone said. Specifically, it was NCAA Football 08.

In fact, it was added as part of a public vote for a new feature for the PS2/Xbox game.

According to Wikipedia: "Fans could vote for either in-game saves, medical red shirts, summer workouts or a lead blocker feature. The option of medical red shirts was voted on and won."

I would like to see this feature back in future games. It's interesting that a feature that EA specifically went out and asked fans for an opinion on was eventually taken out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 12:03 AM   #12
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
I remember medical redshirts being added last gen, as everyone said. Specifically, it was NCAA Football 08.

In fact, it was added as part of a public vote for a new feature for the PS2/Xbox game.

According to Wikipedia: "Fans could vote for either in-game saves, medical red shirts, summer workouts or a lead blocker feature. The option of medical red shirts was voted on and won."

I would like to see this feature back in future games. It's interesting that a feature that EA specifically went out and asked fans for an opinion on was eventually taken out.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:11 AM   #13
Rookie

Donny514's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach

So you're telling me EA could have been able to add all of those great features into their game, but instead had us vote for only one of them to be added in? What an amazing idea! It's even better because it got removed and never added back in!
NBA: Atlanta Hawks, Detroit Pistons, Memphis Grizzlies
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NCAA: Michigan State Spartans
Old 07-30-2013, 01:26 AM   #14
Pro

RonNewman75's Arena

OVR: 0

What I do to solve this recruit a JUCU or FR to match his class recreate the player then cut the hold one.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonNewman75
What I do to solve this recruit a JUCU or FR to match his class recreate the player then cut the hold one.
That'd be a decent workaround as long as he wasn't a career leader in something. Or close to breaking the record. Then the stats wouldn't line up.

It is actually really interesting that they did that, only to not put it in next gen, and never bring it back. That screams EA "new feature."

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #16
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

They should just let us edit a players class!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »