Home

Dumb decision that's costs you the game or injures star player

This is a discussion on Dumb decision that's costs you the game or injures star player within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #17
Rookie

Gopokes15's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Dumb decision that's costs you the game or injures star player

I think we should start ranking the the top ten worst loss, or decision that injures a star player.

What do you guys think about that?

Favorite Teams

College #1 Oklahoma State
College #2 Arkansas
NBA #1 Miami Heat
NFL #1 Dallas Cowboys
NFL #2 Teams with former OSU players
Old 07-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

This was back on NCAA 13
My teambuilder team just come off a home triple OT loss to its rival....So next game was at WVU who was unranked with a 3-5 record...pretty much an even battle throughout the first half Then second half it happened. I am up 24-21 in the third. I call a read option and break a 40+ yard run with my heisman hopeful QB. He gets tackled and doesn't get up. He's out of the game plus 8 weeks due to a head injury...So my back up comes in the game and he gets injured. He's gone 5 weeks...more injuries include a true freshman LB and a DB...I end up in OT after a fourth quarter comeback with my freshman QB. WVU ends up winning after I throw a pick under pressure at my goal line...Great game but the rest of the season was a nightmare. lol.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
It wasn't a dumb decision, but in my OD my buddy is South Alabama playing ranked Tennessee (early in the season) and he's winning late but gives it up in the 4th. Tied with basically no time in the game TN throws a hail Mary. His corner picks it, but trips over his own guy. He stumbles from about the 5 yd line into the endzone and down/out of bounds for a game losing safety. No time left on the clock. He was incredulous lol

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 07-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #20
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopokes15
I think we should start ranking the the top ten worst loss, or decision that injures a star player.

What do you guys think about that?

I think that's a good idea. I love this thread, it's great reading about all the boneheaded moves people have made.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GritSnSpeed
It wasn't a dumb decision, but in my OD my buddy is South Alabama playing ranked Tennessee (early in the season) and he's winning late but gives it up in the 4th. Tied with basically no time in the game TN throws a hail Mary. His corner picks it, but trips over his own guy. He stumbles from about the 5 yd line into the endzone and down/out of bounds for a game losing safety. No time left on the clock. He was incredulous lol

Sent from my SCH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
If we're ranking them, this has to go somewhere. That's hilariously unlucky.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 01:42 PM   #22
Rookie

Darkwolf90's Arena

OVR: 2

For me it was in ether NCAA 12 or 13 I was in my LSU Dynasty and I was playing Alabama. I don't remember all the details but I know it came down to OT. I won the OT coin toss and trusting my Defense to hold Bama from scoring I choose to start on Defense. Bama ended up having to take a Field Goal giving me the ball and a chance to score. While I moved the ball well and managed to get well into my kicker range, I could punch it in the end the game so I took the Field goal and scored to tie it once more. I managed to tie it up once more and give Bama back the ball, and again they put up a field goal. By this time I'm pretty tired of going back and forth, so when I get to forth down on my next possession I decide to go for it on 4th down and fall ending the game and Giving Bama the 3 point victory. I've never had such a hard fought OT duel before or since, I know in the same situation now I'll just take the Field Goal and hope my D can eventually stop the other team or I can get a TD on my next possession.

Ether way it was fun, the loss sucked, but I believe I still got to the Sugar Bowl at the end of the year so all was okay in the end.
NHL: San Jose Sharks
NCAA: LSU Tigers
Old 07-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmykels
Playing my Minnesota Gopher dynasty, we're up by 1 over Ohio State with a couple minutes left in the game. I'm running the ball and killing clock, Ohio State uses their last time out when we're first and goal from the 5 with less than 30 seconds in the game. All I need to do is take a knee and run out the clock but I run a fullback dive and score the touchdown. Kick the extra point and squib it, up 8 with 20-some seconds left in the game. Hail Mary TD Ohio State, two-point conversion Ohio State, tie game and onto overtime which I lose. haha, what a bonehead!
Lets Go Bucks! Lol!
This is a funny thread. Kudos to the originator.
I'm glad I don't have a story to tell. In my coach mode Ultimate Team, Rookie Barry fumbled at the 3 yd line with a minute to go and cost me the game, as my defense gave up a TD drive of 95 yds. Afterwards, I did a quick sell on Barry (68 carrying) and bought Eddie for 12500 coins.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:13 PM   #24
Rookie

Gopokes15's Arena

OVR: 1

So does anybody have an idea of how to go about ranking these I don't want it to be my decision on which one is the worst because I know my opinion will not always be the same as others

*edit. I'm stupid we can use the poll

Favorite Teams

College #1 Oklahoma State
College #2 Arkansas
NBA #1 Miami Heat
NFL #1 Dallas Cowboys
NFL #2 Teams with former OSU players

Last edited by Gopokes15; 07-30-2013 at 02:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »