Home

Dumb decision that's costs you the game or injures star player

This is a discussion on Dumb decision that's costs you the game or injures star player within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #49
Rookie

Gopokes15's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Dumb decision that's costs you the game or injures star player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowcoog
Back on NCAA 06 I had a dynasty going with LSU. My stud Running Back had gotten 2nd the year before for The Heisman, so I was bent on making sure he had a amazing year the next year.

The first Game of the year I'm playing some scrub team. I can't remember, I just remember scheduling someone weak to get my campaign going. At halftime I was winning big, so I decided to start the 2nd half that I would switch out to 2nd team. The thought was "Let's not have anyone injured to some scrub team I'm beating big".

Then though I remember my crusade to try to win the Heisman with my Running Back. So I slip him back in to build up some stats against a weak opponent. Well I remember that he had amazing stats for that game, until toward the end when he broke his leg and was lost to the season. My backup ended up being adequate at least. Nowhere near close though. That season, we focused a lot more on team than our stud RB. I felt like in Friday Night Light, when Boobie Miles went down.
That RB sounds like he was good

Favorite Teams

College #1 Oklahoma State
College #2 Arkansas
NBA #1 Miami Heat
NFL #1 Dallas Cowboys
NFL #2 Teams with former OSU players
Old 08-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #50
Rookie

Gopokes15's Arena

Anyone else have a story? I really liked reading these

Favorite Teams

College #1 Oklahoma State
College #2 Arkansas
NBA #1 Miami Heat
NFL #1 Dallas Cowboys
NFL #2 Teams with former OSU players
Old 08-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gopokes15
Anyone else have a story? I really liked reading these
So I just left my job at KU after I had won 2 National Championships & 3 BCS bowls in a 8 year span.. I wished that happened in real life...

Anyway I took over UNLV who went 1-11 in the previous year in the Mountain West. I am using New Mexico's Pistol option type offense for my playbook. The team is awful and I have absolutely no backups at any position and my 80 overall 65 spd Senior QB is my only hope. Along with my 83 Overall HB with 90 spd.

First game at Arizona State I'm actually winning 6-0 going into the 4th Quarter. I score on my first drive of the quarter and go up 13-0. The series of events that happens next can only be explained by EA Sports & NCAA football hating UNLV.
On the following defensive posession my 2 best defensive players suffer 6 & 8 week injuries while ASU scores to bring to 13-7. The next offensive possession I lose my starting HB to a season ending broken vertebrae. Simultaneously he fumbles the ball and ASU returns it for a TD and they are up 14-13.
Once again I take over the ball, and throw a pick 6 and ASU is now up 20-13 I somehow blocked the extra point which never happens. So I take over with 2 minutes left in the 4th down 13-20. I put together a solid drive and with 10 seconds left I run into the endzone with my Stud QB to make it a 19-20 game. I decide I should try and win so I go for the 2 point conversion. I run a triple option, which works to perfection and as I run across the goal line one of the ASU players cold clocks my QB from out of nowhere. It was clearly a late hit but whatever I am winning 21-20. I kick a squib kick and end up winning the game!!! Story not over...
So I simulate to the next week to begin my game against Colorado State. I take over the ball on offense and my QB is not on the field. I check my depth chart and he is still #1, so I check the injured list. Evidently that last second cheap shot in the ASU game broke my QB's leg and he is out 12 weeks which is basically the rest of the season. My backup QB is a 62 over 58 spd guy which is not ideal for a option offense. FML!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #52
Rookie

jayhawkfan11, your story is so far-fetched and ridiculous that I am left with no choice other than to think you completely made it up.

I mean, a blocked extra point?! No way!
Old 08-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #53
Rookie

BobjumpA's Arena

I was playing nfut and I was up 7-0 in the 4th with about 1:40 left. I was running out the clock and on about 3rd and 11 I called a toss and when my QB pitched it the lb picked it off and ran to my 20. He scored a td and went for 2. Not even my fault that it happened.
NBA- OKC Thunder
Old 08-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #54
Pro

DucksForever's Arena

OVR: 10

NCAA 10 ps2, my bro and I were doing a RTG QB at USC. We were undefeated playing ND. The game was tied and we drove down the field and scored with 1 second left. What occurred next has permanently caused my brother to ban EA video games and has scarred my gaming experience forever...

We sim the final second expecting to continue an undefeated season when we realize the impossible. Our kicker proceeded to miss the extra point and ND returns the ensuing kickoff for a touchdown to get the 1 point win.

Never again did we play NCAA 10, and never again has my brother played an EA NCAA game...

"What we have accomplished is that we have shown ourselves that we are capable." -Les Miles
Old 08-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksForever
NCAA 10 ps2, my bro and I were doing a RTG QB at USC. We were undefeated playing ND. The game was tied and we drove down the field and scored with 1 second left. What occurred next has permanently caused my brother to ban EA video games and has scarred my gaming experience forever...

We sim the final second expecting to continue an undefeated season when we realize the impossible. Our kicker proceeded to miss the extra point and ND returns the ensuing kickoff for a touchdown to get the 1 point win.

Never again did we play NCAA 10, and never again has my brother played an EA NCAA game...
I remember something very similar happened in real life in 2006 when Alabama played at Arkansas. The game went into overtime, Leigh Tiffin had a chance to win the game with a field goal, but missed. Bama gets the ball to start OT #2 and scores a touchdown, however he missed the extra point, so Arkansas gets the ball, scores a TD, and wins off the extra point. Not exactly like yours, but, it reminded me of that from when I was younger.

If you care to see it, skip to 8:20, I feel for ya.

Last edited by Bamantic; 08-09-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2013, 11:33 PM   #56
Rookie

MillerTE92's Arena

OVR: 2

NCAA 10 I was doing a RTG QB at UCONN. After just winning the starting job I had to play WVU, and it was a back and forth game which went to OT, we won the coin toss and I elected to go on defense. WVU scores on their turn and on my first play I throw a pick 6 losing by 13 in OT(I'm sure I'm the only one who's ever done that lol)
MLB Teams:Los Angeles Dodgers
NHL Teams:Anaheim Ducks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »