Home

Players getting Overall boosts when moved from backup to starter??

This is a discussion on Players getting Overall boosts when moved from backup to starter?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2013, 12:18 PM   #1
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5
Players getting Overall boosts when moved from backup to starter??

I'm currently in year 5 of my JMU dynasty through TeamBuilder, and I was put in a bit of a pickle on who to start as Quarterback. I had an 88 overall senior QB, and I also had a freshman QB that I recruited and redshirted, who was at an 87 OVR FR (RS). This year was going to be a rebuilding year for me anyways, so I decided to start my freshman to get him some playing time.

So I put my FR (RS) to start at QB in the pre-season, did all the recruit board and redshirting junk, and advanced to the regular season to play Washington in Week 1. In the middle of the game, I went to the depth chart in the pause menu to move my #4 WR to the #3 slot, and I noticed my QB went from an 87 OVR to a 90 OVR?

Anybody know what could have caused this or has anybody seen this happen before? I have seen players (QB's especially) have OVR boosts throughout the season if they play well, but to have a boost of 3 OVR points in week 1 of the season seems quite bizarre.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Players getting Overall boosts when moved from backup to starter??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccavs64
I'm currently in year 5 of my JMU dynasty through TeamBuilder, and I was put in a bit of a pickle on who to start as Quarterback. I had an 88 overall senior QB, and I also had a freshman QB that I recruited and redshirted, who was at an 87 OVR FR (RS). This year was going to be a rebuilding year for me anyways, so I decided to start my freshman to get him some playing time.

So I put my FR (RS) to start at QB in the pre-season, did all the recruit board and redshirting junk, and advanced to the regular season to play Washington in Week 1. In the middle of the game, I went to the depth chart in the pause menu to move my #4 WR to the #3 slot, and I noticed my QB went from an 87 OVR to a 90 OVR?

Anybody know what could have caused this or has anybody seen this happen before? I have seen players (QB's especially) have OVR boosts throughout the season if they play well, but to have a boost of 3 OVR points in week 1 of the season seems quite bizarre.
I'm guessing it has something to do with your coach skill tree boosts. These are boosts that would only show up in-game, to my understanding. I wasn't aware that the actual numbers changed when you viewed the depth charts, so this may not be the case, but it's the best guess I have.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Players getting Overall boosts when moved from backup to starter??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I'm guessing it has something to do with your coach skill tree boosts. These are boosts that would only show up in-game, to my understanding. I wasn't aware that the actual numbers changed when you viewed the depth charts, so this may not be the case, but it's the best guess I have.
jmik58 - I think you're exactly right, I just went to my depth chart back in the main menus and he was back at an 87. I forgot my OC had purchased all 3 of the QB upgrades in the skill tree. thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »