Home

Irregular depth chart moves you've made

This is a discussion on Irregular depth chart moves you've made within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #9
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Irregular depth chart moves you've made

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrueToTheGame
Thats not irregular thats just cheese.
Uh, what. How is it cheese? He said he is playing coach mode. Hes not even controlling the players. Your statement makes absolutely no sense to me.

Last edited by Zac; 07-31-2013 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:48 PM   #10
Rookie

PapiSuave's Arena

A little off topic because it wasn't on NCAA Football 14, but a few years back. Maybe NCAA 11? I had a RB at USC who was around 6'1 225...pretty big for a RB all with a speed in the low-mid 90s. His OVR was only mid-high 70s at RB and I needed depth at safety and was going to have to cut down my RBs to get to my max player limit so I was fooling around and he ended up a 94 rated DE as a true FRESHMAN!. Sack machine. Had surprisingly good tackling and other defensive related skills. Ever since I've always taken a look at players at odd positions but none have ever came close to that one. Best player I've ever had.

"Cheese" or not, it was great to turn a player who I was on the verge of making a roster casualty due to having many good, young RBs turn into a dominant force on D and made playing defense a lot of fun.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

My top two quarterbacks got injured leaving me with my third string freshman who ended up playing better. I tried working my top two back in when they came back, but my third string just outperformed them and won the starting position. Not sure what the ratings differences were, but I know it was at least 7+ between top and third. It really turned out give a nice feel of a realistic story of a young player winning a starting position after he got his shot when the other two got injured
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 05:44 PM   #12
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

During position changes I always sort the entire roster by a few telling attributes to see if there are any guys who I could utilize better elsewhere.

Such as THP, THA, Ctching, Run BL, Pass BL, Tackling, MCV, ZnCov, etc.
Old 07-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapiSuave
A little off topic because it wasn't on NCAA Football 14, but a few years back. Maybe NCAA 11? I had a RB at USC who was around 6'1 225...pretty big for a RB all with a speed in the low-mid 90s. His OVR was only mid-high 70s at RB and I needed depth at safety and was going to have to cut down my RBs to get to my max player limit so I was fooling around and he ended up a 94 rated DE as a true FRESHMAN!. Sack machine. Had surprisingly good tackling and other defensive related skills. Ever since I've always taken a look at players at odd positions but none have ever came close to that one. Best player I've ever had.

"Cheese" or not, it was great to turn a player who I was on the verge of making a roster casualty due to having many good, young RBs turn into a dominant force on D and made playing defense a lot of fun.
IMO this isn't 'cheese'. This has been done before with players switching positions. I think it's just an eye for filling a gap and succeeding in doing so as a coach. I love when I can pull stuff off like this.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:38 PM   #14
Rookie

Agreed, I don't think it's cheese to find a hidden gem amongst your roster.

My MLB Juan Martinez only had a 58 awareness, tackling wasn't particularly high. Only number he had higher than anyone else was pursuit at 76. For whatever reason though, he did great. Looking forward to seeing how he develops into his senior year.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:54 PM   #15
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

One of my SS's (In the 335 I run two start for those who may not know) was an interception machine with 7 picks in two games. Week 3 both my starters left for the game and with all the drops I stuck that SS in at WR despite being a 58 OVR. He never left the staring lineup on eithe side of the ball
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 10:54 PM   #16
Pro

Ampking101's Arena

OVR: 8
In my South Alabama dynasty I found a low rated CB (64 rated I think) who I moved to FB due to his speed, acceleration, trucking, and blocking he went up to like a 74. I use him out of the Pistol in my triple options and FB dives, also out of the shotgun splits as my second back.

He is currently the best player on my team, he's also a freshman so I'm building my offense around him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »