Home

No night games in dynasty?

This is a discussion on No night games in dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2013, 05:33 PM   #1
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
No night games in dynasty?

I'm playing through dynasty and the 7PM and 8PM games are not night games. At most they start off as evening games (sun still out, but hints of a sunset). In past NCAA's, 7PM games would start off as evening, but by the 3rd quarter it would clearly be night. Each quarter (during night and day games) used to have different lighting but that isn't happening for me. I played Alabama vs Texas A&M at 8PM and it looked like a noon game.

Is this a known problem? I haven't seen it mentioned yet on the boards.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 07-31-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: No night games in dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I'm playing through dynasty and the 7PM and 8PM games are not night games. At most they start off as evening games (sun still out, but hints of a sunset). In past NCAA's, 7PM games would start off as evening, but by the 3rd quarter it would clearly be night. Each quarter (during night and day games) used to have different lighting but that isn't happening for me. I played Alabama vs Texas A&M at 8PM and it looked like a noon game.

Is this a known problem? I haven't seen it mentioned yet on the boards.
I played one in my trial dynasty with vandy and it was a night game
Old 07-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

I guess I'll have to go get some video proof lol. Maybe it's just my system?
Old 07-31-2013, 07:09 PM   #4
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

I just started a new dynasty to test it and I've paid closer attention to the skies. When I supersim I can still see that the progressive lighting is still in there, but it's not as dramatic as it should be.

I took photos of my tv with the camera so this is a poor reflection of what I'm seeing but anyway.

The timeslots
Spoiler

Opening shot---Ten @ Oregon
Spoiler

4th quarter shot (it would be 10:30-11PM)
Spoiler

I get that it's on the west coast, but are these games supposed to all be eastern? So that Oregon was really playing at 5?

Opening shot---Bama @ Texas A&M (8PM game)
Spoiler

4th quarter shot
Spoiler

Here is a game that had a 10PM start time.

Opening shot
Spoiler

4th quarter shot
Spoiler

I played FSU @ Pitt for Labor Night and it was hinges of orange throughout the entire game. Never really turned "night".

It's not gamebreaking or anything but it is noticeable (to me at least). I go in a 8PM primetime game thinking it's going to be an awesome night atmosphere but the shots of the sky throughout the game take me out of the moment.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
MVP

thedudedominick's Arena

OVR: 23

Only one I can justify is the Oregon game. We can just say the game shows kickoff times ET which gives a 5pm kickoff in Oregon.
MLB: Chicago Cubs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2013, 07:23 PM   #6
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

That all looks pretty good to me. It would be hard to complain about how any of that looks.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:25 PM   #7
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedudedominick
Only one I can justify is the Oregon game. We can just say the game shows kickoff times ET which gives a 5pm kickoff in Oregon.
Yeah I think that is what is happening (all games being east coast standard). West coast night games will only be night if they start at 9/10PM.

I still think the central time zone games (like the Bama @ Texas A&M game) should be more dramatic. A&M played Mizzou at 7 last year and the game clearly became night.
Spoiler

Then again that was played later in the year. In either event, it's not as bad as I thought when I just assume every game is eastern.
Old 07-31-2013, 07:44 PM   #8
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

Testing it further, yeah I do think there needs to be some tweaks. The games that are supposed to be night are jarring when they are evening.

Take for instance the thursday night game of an east coast team.
Spoiler

It starts off with the sun firmly in the sky.
Spoiler

And while it does progress, this is what it looks like in the 4th quarter, a simulated 3 hours later.
Spoiler

As opposed to what FSU vs NC State early last year looked like in the 4th.
Spoiler

It seems as if the right looks are in the game, they are just assigned to the wrong timeslots. The 7 PM lighting/look should be for the 4PM/afternoon timeslot and the 9/10PM lighting/look should be for the 7/8PM/evening timeslots.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 07-31-2013 at 07:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »