Home

Do You Play Every game in Your Dynasty

This is a discussion on Do You Play Every game in Your Dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #41
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Do You Play Every game in Your Dynasty

Huh? If the devs didn't intend for people to sim games why the hell would they put in a sim option?

I've always considered cheese a situation where a player exploits the games mechanics in order to create a favorable outcome that cannot be countered by standard means. Unstoppable scenarios like four verts/ five wide/ Maryland I/ or turbo dunking in 2k.

I also couldn't possibly care less about "cheese" that doesn't involve me vs. a human opponent online. If someone wants to run four verts to get out of every jam in their dynasty it might be "cheese" but who gives a crap?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #42
Pro

herropreese's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
I gotta play every game. I've been cataloguing my Dynasties meticulously since NCAA 2003. My current record is 940-253. Out of those 1193 total games, 2 were simmed (accidental week advance with auto-save turned on)
You're insane! How do you catalog? Just a word document? Just curious, may want to end up doing something similar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 08-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #43
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
Yes, but I'm only an OC at UMass right now

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 08-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #44
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herropreese
You're insane! How do you catalog? Just a word document? Just curious, may want to end up doing something similar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Insane?! Why, thank you

I use archive quality hardback record books (8-1/2" x 11"), 300 pages each, and I have the better part of 6 of those filled up with every dynasty season's roster, game stats, end of season stats, settings, polls, recruiting, etc. Each season takes about 12 full pages.

I know it's crazy, but it's my hobby, er obsession. Very time consuming, especially in between seasons. Takes me about 2-3 hours to log all my season stats, recruit, and get going on the next season, but it's a labor of love.

I keep a running log of my dynasties to track my all time record in an excel spreadsheet as well.

I think I have the Rain Man gene....
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 08-01-2013, 11:34 PM   #45
Rookie

15ccall's Arena

OVR: 9

I play every game unless I know my team will win (playing akron, or someone along those lines)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 11:49 PM   #46
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Every game of every season, usually about 15-20 seasons per release. I bought the game to actually play it. So I play the heck out of it.

Last edited by Ziza9Noles94; 08-01-2013 at 11:54 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:52 PM   #47
Zac
World-Class Diver

Zac's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Insane?! Why, thank you

I use archive quality hardback record books (8-1/2" x 11"), 300 pages each, and I have the better part of 6 of those filled up with every dynasty season's roster, game stats, end of season stats, settings, polls, recruiting, etc. Each season takes about 12 full pages.

I know it's crazy, but it's my hobby, er obsession. Very time consuming, especially in between seasons. Takes me about 2-3 hours to log all my season stats, recruit, and get going on the next season, but it's a labor of love.

I keep a running log of my dynasties to track my all time record in an excel spreadsheet as well.

I want to ask to see pics. But I am almost afraid of what it will contain.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:03 AM   #48
Rookie

twigstudios's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Insane?! Why, thank you

Awesome...Man, I'm a stat freak too...I used to do that with my NCAA MVP Baseball 06 and my NCAA Football on my PS2...I would love to see those books...

And to the OP I play every game, every season...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »