Home

How do you slow the pace of the game down between plays?

This is a discussion on How do you slow the pace of the game down between plays? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
How do you slow the pace of the game down between plays?

I'm a former Madden player and this is the first NCAA game I've bought. I've noticed immediately that the pace of the game, when playing the CPU, is at breakneck speed compared to what I'm used to. What I mean is that amount of time it takes for the CPU to call plays on offense is so fast that I've barely chosen my formation by the the time the countdown timer is at 5. This problem is obviously exacerbated when the CPU no-huddles, as the play selection screen doesn't even come up until 2.5 seconds before they snap the ball.

Is there any way to slow this part of the game down so that I can actually get decent play calls in?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
Rookie

GoBeavers's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How do you slow the pace of the game down between plays?

I may be totally wrong but I do not think so
Old 08-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
I do not understand the complaints about the no huddle. I pick personnel based on what the offense is doing. So if they run a hurry up I have the personnel already on the field. You should have 3 good defensive plays in that formation you should use during hurry up. The whole point in hurry up is to catch the d off guard. WHY?! In the world would you need to "slow" it down??
Old 08-01-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaley
I'm a former Madden player and this is the first NCAA game I've bought. I've noticed immediately that the pace of the game, when playing the CPU, is at breakneck speed compared to what I'm used to. What I mean is that amount of time it takes for the CPU to call plays on offense is so fast that I've barely chosen my formation by the the time the countdown timer is at 5. This problem is obviously exacerbated when the CPU no-huddles, as the play selection screen doesn't even come up until 2.5 seconds before they snap the ball.

Is there any way to slow this part of the game down so that I can actually get decent play calls in?
If you're referring to the no huddle issue where you can't pick a play, it's something that's been complained about to EA, so hopefully there will be a fix.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettylittlesmiles
The whole point in hurry up is to catch the d off guard. WHY?! In the world would you need to "slow" it down??
Because not every team in real life runs the no huddle like Oregon does (in fact, almost no one does), but in this game everyone runs the no huddle at a breaknace pace. Even this game goes faster than Oregon.

In a typical no-huddle pace, defenses can still get a call in even if they are stuck with the same personnel on the field. In the case of this game, the playcall screen when engaged in no huddle doesn't even come up until after the offense is set, when there is about a 4 second period of time during the animation where the players get set again. Again, that leaves me about 2 seconds to pick a play and then hopefully even make adjustments. No one has that little time in real life, no matter how fast the offense goes.

If slowing the game down a hair can't be done, then it can't be done and I'll accept that. But there's a legit reason for wanting to slow things down.

But focusing on just when the CPU runs no-huddle isn't the only point... even when the CPU huddles on O there is very little time to actual cycle through the formations to pick a play. The CPU almost always snaps the ball with 25+ seconds left on the play clock, even when coming out the huddle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
I do not understand the complaints about the no huddle. I pick personnel based on what the offense is doing. So if they run a hurry up I have the personnel already on the field. You should have 3 good defensive plays in that formation you should use during hurry up. The whole point in hurry up is to catch the d off guard. WHY?! In the world would you need to "slow" it down??
It's not so much being caught off guard, it's that there is a delay in the ability to call a play at times... even if you're already lined up. It's a little unrealistic that 11 players could be ready to go, without the ability to call a play.

It's one thing to be at the mercy of the no huddle speed, but when your team is ready, that's the problem. At a minimum, teams should be able to audible on the fly, but we're not given that option.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:25 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1
Are you guys playing on PS3? I have not experienced this.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:49 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Are you guys playing on PS3? I have not experienced this.
I'm on PS3, fwiw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »