Home

Running a Mixed Set Opinions

This is a discussion on Running a Mixed Set Opinions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2013, 09:10 PM   #9
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Running a Mixed Set Opinions

Dang that sounds like my high school lol.. Jordan Jenkins, the OLB for Georgia, and LaMichael Fanning for Alabama went there. LaGrange, GA is right above the county there, and that school is always going to the state championship and sending guys to Auburn and ACC schools.. I wish I had stuck with it, but my *** was sore from blocking guys and getting knocked down lol
Old 08-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #10
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorsinRENO
Dang that sounds like my high school lol.. Jordan Jenkins, the OLB for Georgia, and LaMichael Fanning for Alabama went there. LaGrange, GA is right above the county there, and that school is always going to the state championship and sending guys to Auburn and ACC schools.. I wish I had stuck with it, but my *** was sore from blocking guys and getting knocked down lol
LOL well I'll try and keep with it man. We have 1 NFL player coming from my school, so there is some talent around here. Who knows, maybe I'll be the next LMFAO. Really my dream is to possibly get a scholarship, but there's always academics if that doesn't work out.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:29 PM   #11
Rookie

My brother is an OC for a HS team and he uses two formations.

Trips Left and Trips Right.

They went undefeated last year only to lose in the finals with... if my memory is solid here... a +35 scoring differential.

Sometimes simple is better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #12
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse7070
My brother is an OC for a HS team and he uses two formations.

Trips Left and Trips Right.

They went undefeated last year only to lose in the finals with... if my memory is solid here... a +35 scoring differential.

Sometimes simple is better.
No halfbacks?
Old 08-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #13
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

Wow that's pretty neat. I would say that we can ran Flexbone Normal over 60% of the time, but I was playing guard, so I can't be sure.. thank god we never faced big nose tackles!! Blocking is the reason that I am sticking with this game, I can see where they had the lineman help them: it's very realistic, and I will take the positives any day, it's so much better than 13.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #14
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

have you guys seen this? http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=825031

I think this will start popping up in college very soon.. Imagine Texas A&M running it with Manziel!
Old 08-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #15
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorsinRENO
have you guys seen this? http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=825031

I think this will start popping up in college very soon.. Imagine Texas A&M running it with Manziel!
Ugh, sorry to be 'that" guy but the National High school Association voted like 46-2 to ban the rule that lets any player be an eligible receiver.

however

The scheme's creators have since made adjustments and run the new version of the A-11 offense for the entire 2009 season.[9] It now abides by all numbering requirements at every level of football, without any numbers exchanged between plays. The ineligible numbered "anchors," like any ineligible receiver, can neither receive forward passes nor advance downfield before a forward pass is thrown across the line of scrimmage, but can catch lateral and backward passes, take handoffs, advance downfield prior to a screen pass to an eligible receiver, or even throw the ball if it is given to them.[10] Since the adjusted version of the A-11 offense abides by the numbering requirements, it is similar to the older Emory & Henry offense; as such, unlike the previous version, it is legal in most levels of football.

Did you know that or did I waste my time lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2013, 02:18 AM   #16
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMoneyAllDay
Ugh, sorry to be 'that" guy but the National High school Association voted like 46-2 to ban the rule that lets any player be an eligible receiver.

however

The scheme's creators have since made adjustments and run the new version of the A-11 offense for the entire 2009 season.[9] It now abides by all numbering requirements at every level of football, without any numbers exchanged between plays. The ineligible numbered "anchors," like any ineligible receiver, can neither receive forward passes nor advance downfield before a forward pass is thrown across the line of scrimmage, but can catch lateral and backward passes, take handoffs, advance downfield prior to a screen pass to an eligible receiver, or even throw the ball if it is given to them.[10] Since the adjusted version of the A-11 offense abides by the numbering requirements, it is similar to the older Emory & Henry offense; as such, unlike the previous version, it is legal in most levels of football.

Did you know that or did I waste my time lol.
Actually I didn't, thanks for that! I thought about running this a lot in high school, and after watching A&M play last year, imagine what Manziel could have done with the entire team spread out? It's going to make defense SO much harder to defend.. I think it will hit college in a few years, it HAS to, there are too many athletes who won't have to learn how to read defenses or throw to run this, they just get the ball and GO!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »