Home

CPU has 0 game management smarts

This is a discussion on CPU has 0 game management smarts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2013, 07:33 PM   #17
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: CPU has 0 game management smarts

it better than it was last year IMO and miles better than it is in madden 13, which may be the worst late game AI I have ever seen. EA has a lonnnng way to go to make the AI "football savy" as far as the decision making process of time management down and distance and concept of time left in a quarter.

if this is NOT completely fixed for madden 25 on next gen consoles it will single handedly ruin the experience for me. Im sick of playing the AI that plays like its from another planet and has no football smarts.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #18
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

Its bad in all directions. The CPU will pass when they shouldnt, but also run when they shouldnt. Ahead or behind, they stick to their gameplan no matter the situation.

I was getting my tail kicked by Notre Dame, and even up 27-7 in the 4th, they're in the hurry up calling pass plays the whole time.

Just the opposite, up 10 on UVA in the 4th (plenty of time to come back), the Cavs continue to run the ball and burn the clock, and I continue to stop it, as I have all game long. Never did they try to speed up their tempo and pass the ball.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:54 AM   #19
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Losing to ohio state by 3 in the 4th. Punt the ball and down it at the 1 (cheeziest thing I ever saw). They have been running the ball down my throat all game long so I figure a run is on the way. Nope, the run a hb screen and braxton backpedals out of the endzone for a safety!! Lol they ran a screen pass on the 1 yd line haha. Ruined what was a great game
Old 08-07-2013, 04:29 AM   #20
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by friscob
Losing to ohio state by 3 in the 4th. Punt the ball and down it at the 1 (cheeziest thing I ever saw). They have been running the ball down my throat all game long so I figure a run is on the way. Nope, the run a hb screen and braxton backpedals out of the endzone for a safety!! Lol they ran a screen pass on the 1 yd line haha. Ruined what was a great game
^^and for me this is the problem. you spend an hour and a half playing an EPIC game only to be sucked OUT of the moment by the AI's head-scratching decisions late in the game. 1:20 of bad CPU AI logic rapes you of an hour and a half of your life and what was UNTIL then a great experience.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #21
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

OVR: 2

While I have had my issues with the AI clock management, the flawed AI is deeper than that.

My issues is why does the AI keep calling plays that obviously aren't working for the?. Ive seen countless times the AI calls passing plays despite the fact that their passing game is being shut down, however the running back is gashing me 10+ yards a play but they will only have 10 carries the whole game. Or vice versa.

My point is if you have a certain player or play that is working wonders for your offense, why would you try to deviate from whatever is bringing you success. Or Vice versa

While Coaches in real life have deviated from whats working for them, this happens waay more than what it needs to be in NCAA.
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 06:47 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 1

The most glaring problem is the end of first half run-TO-run sequence when they're on their own side of the field. Incredibly eye-rolling.

There's other stuff too like the AI not adapting to my play calls (I can throw the ball to the same WR every play, on the same side of the field and they'll never double them or shift coverage to that side. I can run the ball over and over against a similarly skilled team out of the spread and they never leave the Dime formation. The AI will audible when you audible (even from the same formation) but the new play call isn't necessarily better or worse, it seems random.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:35 AM   #23
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm convinced that they purposely dumbed down this game to make it fur for 8 year olds.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:21 AM   #24
MVP

friscob's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
I'm convinced that they purposely dumbed down this game to make it fur for 8 year olds.
Impossible for these ai flaws to not be intentional. Whether or not they patch them will let us know

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »