Home

CPU has 0 game management smarts

This is a discussion on CPU has 0 game management smarts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2013, 03:37 AM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
CPU has 0 game management smarts

Cant understand why the CPU remains to run the hurry up offense and throw the ball all the while I have no timeouts left and the game clock is running out in their favor. They have given me numerous chances to win the game and Ive cashed in on these stupid CPU errors. Also when the CPU is trailing me with seconds left in the game I've seen them not snap the ball and let the time run out. This better get fixed along with lack of injuries
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2013, 04:25 AM   #2
Rookie

KickassJohnson's Arena

OVR: 3
Also less than a minute left in the half and they run the ball, then call a timeout to set up a read option

and then another timeout
Old 08-04-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
Rookie

allhailben7's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: CPU has 0 game management smarts

How about being down 7 with 3 TOs and 2:00+ remaining on 4th down...
They ran the play clock down to :02 then punted it, leaving them no chance of winning.

Or... 1:20 to play, down a score. I get a clutch sack and they hurry up to the line to... Spike it??? I actually lost a game because I called a TO, refusing to see that type of management... They proceeded to drive 83 yards for the score.

Why did they program an automatic TO at exactly 2:01 remaining???
I can't count how many times I have been able to score before half time to get momentum because of this...
They call it if they have the ball, no matter what. I've seen them drive down to my 8 yard line and call timeout with 2:01. Why?!?!
Old 08-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #4
Rookie

mgjohns61585's Arena

OVR: 3

I have had bad game management by the CPU countless times *** well.

With the CPU down and less than 2 minutes remaining the run the clock down to 2 seconds before they snap the ball. HUH?
Old 08-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #5
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

OVR: 0

CPU game management has been an issue for a long time but it's gotten worse, not better. I remember playing on PS2 and being down with little time left in the 4th quarter and having to call a goal line D and the CPU would run the ball and let the clock run down before hiking it. Now I'm playing games where the computer is up with 2 minutes to go and the CPU is calling passing plays on 1st down.

I could get used to having to call timeouts for the CPU when I would be ahead towards the end of the game but those are fond memories of what the CPU did as compared to now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2013, 09:21 AM   #6
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
This shouldn't really surprise anyone, especially if you've played from 11 on. The AI game management has been garbage

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 08-04-2013, 11:25 AM   #7
MVP

heelphreak's Arena

OVR: 6

The AI has been a mental midget forever. Maybe it'll get better next gen, assuming the game lives on.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastExit
CPU game management has been an issue for a long time but it's gotten worse, not better. I remember playing on PS2 and being down with little time left in the 4th quarter and having to call a goal line D and the CPU would run the ball and let the clock run down before hiking it. Now I'm playing games where the computer is up with 2 minutes to go and the CPU is calling passing plays on 1st down.

I could get used to having to call timeouts for the CPU when I would be ahead towards the end of the game but those are fond memories of what the CPU did as compared to now.
Agreed!

I've seen them suck countless times. Even yesterday while playing...Ohio (me) @ Eastern Michigan. I was up 10-0 with 1:03 to go in the half. They get the ball back with 3 time outs and run the clock....I got the ball to start the 2nd half and promptly used that possession to blow out the game.

Even later on I was cruising 34-0 with 3 minutes left and they were running read options and swing passes...throw downfield!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »