Home

Worst/Dumbest Commentary Lines

This is a discussion on Worst/Dumbest Commentary Lines within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #49
Rookie

CR3AMnCR1MS0N's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Worst/Dumbest Commentary Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
I HATE when they say stupid things they would NEVER say on TV. When you are having a blowout they will say things that diss the game like 'we just wanna get out of here' or 'we have a plane to catch' or something about hotel reservations. The worst is when he says after halftime that he wishes Reece and David Pollack could switch places with them cause its a blowout. And don't even get me started on the David Pollack lines.. some of them are cringe worthy.
Yeah those suck. However I had NHL 2002 and one time I was winning by like 10 goals and I heard one of the commentators' phones go off. He answered and said, "Hey honey, I don't have to work overtime tonight!" I thought that one was pretty funny.

Back to the original topic, my least favorite is the whole defensive player wanting to play wide receiver bid; especially when they say it about a D-lineman or linebacker.
Old 08-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #50
Rookie

wolfpackfanatic's Arena

OVR: 0

What I hate the most is when I find a receiver over the middle on a slant or cross route who has plenty of seperation from the DB and after I complete the pass Herby decides to lecture me on my decision to throw to a covered receiver.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #51
Rookie

Razorback73's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoElmos
The worst one to me has to be "And he's sacked for a loss!". You know, instead of that time he got sacked for a touchdown...
Along the same lines, I just got Herbie's "If you keep gaining negative yards..." Wait, what? He couldn't just say "losing yards"? SMH.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #52
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Overall, the commentary feels the same since 2002, even though it probably isn't. It's just always been there, so I don't get too annoyed by it, nor does it really enhance the experience. (By contrast, NBA 2k's live commentary actually responding to the action is great).

But the absolute WORST one is a Herbstreit line in there where he says something like "Maybe they should consider turning down the difficulty level a little", or something to that effect. The game tries so hard to be an immersive television experience, then they throw this stupid one-liner talking to you as a gamer? Arrrghhh!
Old 08-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #53
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

"You cant get sacked like that as a QB! You just can't!"
Please explain WHY I can't.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #54
Pro

servo75's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
But the absolute WORST one is a Herbstreit line in there where he says something like "Maybe they should consider turning down the difficulty level a little", or something to that effect. The game tries so hard to be an immersive television experience, then they throw this stupid one-liner talking to you as a gamer? Arrrghhh!
That reminds me of a line I heard many years ago, I think it's when at the end of the half I kicked a FG on 3rd down. It went something like, "You need to put down the controller and read a copy of Football 101."
Old 08-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #55
Rookie

I think "Penalties can ruin a team's chances to win if they commit too many!" has been in since I started playing NCAA 2005! And well...DUUUH!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
How have I not heard this yet?! I need to ASAP.

I don't think Nessler does it; it is the pre game show guy. Only way you hear it is if you don't skip the pre game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »