Home

Difficulty: Do you want tough games or not care?

This is a discussion on Difficulty: Do you want tough games or not care? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6

I find myself scoffing at some peoples dynastys that are posted here when I see mid major teams or bad BCS schools beating up on high powered schools like USC or Notre Dame. If your team is rated 10 or less overall vs who you're playing you shouldn't be winnning on a consisent basis. Maybe once in a while but if you're playing as an 80 overall school and your record is 8-4 at the end of the year and almost all teams are better than you, what's the point?

Honest question, if winning is just more fun or, if you honestly don't get a challenge even with the sliders adjusted that's cool too I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I want my guys to perform the way they're rated and if rated poorly then I expect a challenge to win games. But, I don't want difficulty for the sake of having difficulty if my talent level doesn't warrant it.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:09 PM   #3
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Difficulty: Do you want tough games or not care?

Well, I look at it like this: it's a college football sim, so I want to have games and seasons that rival their real-world counterparts. That means accepting th fact that a C-USA team or MAC team can go almost undefeated (although not as highly ranked as in the game), 1-AA teams winning (App st vs mich), defensive struggles involving defensive-minded teams (SEC, BYU, TCU, etc), and of course high scoring. It won't come as close to the real thing, but it's a video game, and I hardly care once the season gets going
Old 08-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
I think a lot of folks will share that sentiment but I could be wrong. I usually am.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:13 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I like it to feel real. If I have the better team then I expect to win. If I have the worse team then it should feel like a challenge If the teams are close then the games should feel like a battle. I like to have 2 games a year I really have to play perfect to win and 3-4 games a year where the game could go either way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #6
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I want my guys to perform the way they're rated and if rated poorly then I expect a challenge to win games. But, I don't want difficulty for the sake of having difficulty if my talent level doesn't warrant it.

Could not have said it better myself.....
Old 08-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #7
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6
I play in an OD on Heisman with like 9 others. I went undefeated in year one, lost 2 User games (NC) year 2 and I'm 10-0 in year 3. I'm tired of killing the computer teams but some of the guys in the dynasty struggle with computer teams so I'm in a pickle. I want a bigger challenge. UCLA first 2 years and at Oregon now by the way.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
Rookie

GoBeavers's Arena

OVR: 10

I strive for realism, so I guess you could say I want it to be difficult.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »