Home

How do you stop the out pattern vs. CPU?

This is a discussion on How do you stop the out pattern vs. CPU? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How do you stop the out pattern vs. CPU?

Get beat most of the time on that play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
I have trouble stopping the passing game against the cpu and human opponent.

I have better than decent corners and use a variety of man coverage, but receivers are just open by a lot, especially slot and tight ends.

I switch to zones and my defense backs don't react even with a receiver within reach.

I do notice if you can get pressure the QB make a less accurate throw, but I have a tough time with that as well, so I recruit top DBs, but they don't perform to ratings in my opinion.

PLEASE HELP, I am not sure if its the game or ME.

Sent from..........wait for it............me
Old 08-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #3
Pro

Mazarati 2012's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How do you stop the out pattern vs. CPU?

This is one reason why I haven't started a dynasty yet. I'm hoping they patch this game soon. If not then I'm done with it.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:58 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage
I have trouble stopping the passing game against the cpu and human opponent.

I have better than decent corners and use a variety of man coverage, but receivers are just open by a lot, especially slot and tight ends.

I switch to zones and my defense backs don't react even with a receiver within reach.

I do notice if you can get pressure the QB make a less accurate throw, but I have a tough time with that as well, so I recruit top DBs, but they don't perform to ratings in my opinion.

PLEASE HELP, I am not sure if its the game or ME.

Sent from..........wait for it............me
The answer to your question is, "it is not always you." Check out the link below (it should go to post #724) but you can always watch your own replays too in order to confirm when you can't understand how he the receiver was so wide open.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2045277883

This game has had broken coverages etc before, and I'm all about the occasional "broken play" as it happens in real-life, but it seems very excessive this year. I can only hope for a patch or a toning down of the frequency of the occurrences or this game will lose a lot of replay value for me.

I've had teams march down the field withing nothing but "Out Route" completions no matter the coverage I select. And like the guy in the post said, it's not that coverages get beat it's how the defenders are getting beat.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

In coach mode I've had success with zone set to aggressive coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1
If you know when it is coming you should manually help with the safety on that side. When I run nickel 2 man I know there will be an out route. So I put which ever safety is on the side of the TE in a purple zone and highlight the TE. Then I take the other safety and help cover the slot receiver. Stops the out routes.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:47 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Cover one should stop the out route if the game has the coverages right. A corner playing under cover one is taught to play a outside technique in order to force the play towards his help side (the middle of the field).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »