Home

What's with all the white guys...

This is a discussion on What's with all the white guys... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #9
Pro

Speedy_Bronco's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: What's with all the white guys...

Personally, it just feels weird to me to see a white RB and a black K/P, because I don't really see them at all in real life, so it just seems strange to me coming from a videogame that should be striving to give us the most realistic CFB experience.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
The fact that we can edit rosters should solve this problem.
Sure, if you're willing to edit 25% of every single roster every single dynasty season.
Old 08-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #11
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeithappen
Does it ruin your game experience? It's not an evil subliminal message, just a completely random player generator.
Yes.

FSU has signed, like, one white receiver (a 2 star from the local HS) in 15+ years. Zero RBs or CBs. The SEC isn't dominated by white skill players, yet the top recruits being generated in my dynasty soon will be headed to those big time programs.

But I take the time to edit recruits anyway, at least for the top programs.

In the recruiting pool right now, the #1CB (Alabama, Florida, and LSU his top schools), #1 RB (Texas commit), and 5 of the top 8 WRs are white. I don't really fault EA for it. I just wish there was a global editor of some sort, and I wish we had the ability to edit and share recruiting classes like you can share draft classes on NBA 2K.

The first year of dynasty, I try to edit a good deal of the big time programs recruiting classes so that they have many of the real life recruits. For example, creating Sony Michel for Georgia and Quin Blanding for Virginia. The 2nd year of dynasty is when I let the fictional guys have reign.

I'll leave some skill players white when I do editing (usually I edit equipment, some ratings tweaks, and such) because they do exist, but I try to proportion them so that the racial ratio of top end skill players are closer to real life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Does it ruin your game experience? It's not an evil subliminal message, just a completely random player generator.
Certainly doesn't help my game experience. I appreciate the aspects of the game that promote the realistic aspects of college football. This probably bothers me even more than the gray facemasks.

It's a far bigger problem in 14 (on PS3, anyway) than in years past - although there have always been smaller issues. The "random player generator" has regressed, significantly, in its realism.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

If it bothers you that much, you should stop being so racially sensitive and try to lighten up.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
If it bothers you that much, you should stop being so racially sensitive and try to lighten up.
Is it ok if I'm realism sensitive? Do I have your permission?

I guess we should lighten up about the uniforms and the no-huddle glitch, too?
Old 08-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #15
Rookie

a59er2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
i think lightening up is whats bothering him. lol

i just don't see how this is a problem...i understand everyone wants realism, but if they have a bunch of black recruits coming in, then people are going to complain about not enough white guys. i haven't seen any samoan or pacific islander recruits yet. should i start a thread about that too?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #16
MVP

stlpimpmonsta's Arena

OVR: 11

Lol this is so stupid. Its random you 're gonna get those sometime. Trust me you don't want Ea to make a system in which they pretty much put a cap on race on certain positions.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »