Home

What's with all the white guys...

This is a discussion on What's with all the white guys... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 9
I don't see what the problem is... If you think you have too many incoming recruits that are white, simply edit them.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What's with all the white guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinsfan26
I don't see what the problem is... If you think you have too many incoming recruits that are white, simply edit them.
Time consuming. It's not like it's just a handful of players. It's practically half the entire incoming class. Hundreds of players.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by manicmusician
Time consuming. It's not like it's just a handful of players. It's practically half the entire incoming class. Hundreds of players.
Pick and choose who you scout then I guess. If you want more black players, scout them
Old 08-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinsfan26
Pick and choose who you scout then I guess. If you want more black players, scout them
It's not about just my own players (who I edit, btw), but when I play against an Ohio State (or any other team), and their running back is a bearded white guy, it feels like 1965.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:17 PM   #37
Rookie

Razorback73's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Damn, another thread on this. In a sense, you're right, but this is too sensitive a subject here on OS. People will deem you a racist if you explore this area. I do think there are entirely too many black kickers and punters, and this is coming from a black man.
If I may paraphrase Sheriff Bart... "Where all the white kickers at?"
Old 08-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #38
Rookie

BTW, I'm not looking for a fix - the only possible fix is editing, I know. Just making an observation about the realism of the game taking a HUGE hit in this area in the 14 version.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

This would be a pretty easy fix. It wouldn't be that hard to have the generator programmed to create guys at race ratios mirroring reality. We know that Running Backs and Cornerbacks are almost exclusively black, kickers and punters almost exclusively white, receivers mostly black, and the other positions something of a mix. It wouldn't be that hard to get an idea of what the real ratios are and program the game to mirror that.

The lack of Pacific Islanders is definitely a big issue too.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaw1989
This would be a pretty easy fix. It wouldn't be that hard to have the generator programmed to create guys at race ratios mirroring reality. We know that Running Backs and Cornerbacks are almost exclusively black, kickers and punters almost exclusively white, receivers mostly black, and the other positions something of a mix. It wouldn't be that hard to get an idea of what the real ratios are and program the game to mirror that.

The lack of Pacific Islanders is definitely a big issue too.
They've done it in the past, actually. The ratios were relatively close to being accurate, save for a quirk here and there, until the 14 version.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »