Home

Coach mode defense

This is a discussion on Coach mode defense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Coach mode defense

I have trouble stopping the pass, am interested in what others are using for coach mode defense. I'm playing aggressive zone and allowing qb to scramble, all American difficulty.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Coach mode defense

Other variables to consider:

1. Change Roster to one of the edited Rosters.

2. Decrease CPU Pass Blocking, QB Accuracy, WR Catching.

3. If you are on the 360, learn how to use the Editor and make your own edits to QB Awareness, Throw Power, and Throw Accuracy
Old 08-08-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
MVP

Thanks, I'm going to keep trying to find the right formations and blitz packages before I start adjusting sliders but I may end up doing what you suggest. I probably also need to upgrade talent in my secondary.

Second year of my dynasty, too late to change rosters and I use a ps3 but I may adjust sliders.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Coach mode defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Thanks, I'm going to keep trying to find the right formations and blitz packages before I start adjusting sliders but I may end up doing what you suggest. I probably also need to upgrade talent in my secondary.

Second year of my dynasty, too late to change rosters and I use a ps3 but I may adjust sliders.
I too don't want to adjust sliders and though I can sometimes have close games, i don't get the feel that my defensive scheme or play calls lead to it. Just feels like the O will randomly sputter. But with as offensive as the game is becoming maybe this might just be the most realistic NCAA we've ever seen. Can't say...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Coach mode defense

I was wrong maybe. Just had a game that felt like my calls mattered. Lost the season finale to ULL 7-17. But I held that option in check basically running 4-3 Under Cover 2 Buc because they stayed with 2 WRs.

We scored first then they tied the game. After Estes tossed an Int then later fumbled while being sacked we weren't able to recover offensively (144 yards of offense) but defensively we played tough the entire game. I can't stress how important base align seems to be when running zone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #6
Rookie

I only have a small sample set of coach mode games, but in general what I tend to try vs. the computer is

1) Base out of cover2/3 75+% of the time
2) If start giving up plays over the middle, which happens almost immediately I switch to cover 1 with some kind of robber (MLB or Safety... never run Cover 1 without someone playing a short zone too
3) If i start giving up deeper plays I switch to Cover 4
4) Come back to cover 2/3 eventually

I play 3-3-5 the entire game, so the only time I ever blitz is if the offense comes out in 10, 01, or 00 personnel and I'll try to run zone blitz plays to one side
Old 08-12-2013, 06:39 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Over the last 4 games of my Georgia State dynasty I've been basing out of Cover 2 Man matching up personnel and have allowed a combined 2 or 3 TDs and beat 'The U' 27-13 in the Belk Bowl.

This is auto pass coach mode if that matters...default all-american
Old 08-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #8
Go Hogs

Redbird's Arena

OVR: 7

I run 4-4 and blitz often...for the option I blitz my corners...cover 2 man out of the 4-3 produces a few sacks as well as interceptions. I play default AA and am playing slow with threshold between 10 and 30. This is important! 10 makes the pulling guards too slow and 30 makes the D-line too fast.

I am at 25 threshold now and am close...I always instant replay and check speed ratings of players to get the right feel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »