Home

Insta commit strategy?

This is a discussion on Insta commit strategy? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2013, 09:29 AM   #9
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Insta commit strategy?

the only insta commits i have gotten without perk was when i was 1st on list. its just like years past it seems, atleast when you dont have perk. so if week one your number 2 on the players list, work your way to number one before you offer scholarship so you have a chance for insta commit. I dont have perk yet so im not sure but it sounds like you dont have to be number one with the perk but not sure yet.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcourtne
This will be my first recruiting season with insta-commit available. I've got several recruits that I'm #1 on their board. Should I offer scholarships in week 1 to see if they commit or is there an advantage to waiting that will make the insta-commit more effective?

Also what can I expect in terms of signings with it?
Works the same regardless of what week you make the offer. As long as you're #1 in their list, you have a chance for an insta commit
Old 08-12-2013, 10:02 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1024
Ive had recruits commit without the perk and before their visit. I was going up against another user for the recruit & after he committed, the user was pissed. BTW, the recruit was a 82ovr ath.
There's a difference in getting a 100% locked in recruit that you try to land for a few weeks, and getting an insta commit in week 1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2013, 06:32 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1

With instacommit fully upgraded I offered 10 scholarships to players that had me as their #1 in week 1 and none committed, and I offered one in week 3 and he did. I know enough about statistics to know that's a possible outcome but it was disappointing.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:36 PM   #13
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fballturkey
With instacommit fully upgraded I offered 10 scholarships to players that had me as their #1 in week 1 and none committed, and I offered one in week 3 and he did. I know enough about statistics to know that's a possible outcome but it was disappointing.
wow that's some badluck!
Old 08-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedGreen710
wow that's some badluck!
Yeah I was hoping to grab 2-3 instas at positions I needed, drop the duplicated positions, and be able to battle for guys later since I had my needs shored up. It did not work out that way...
Old 08-12-2013, 07:08 PM   #15
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

People can say it doesn't matter, but I personally find waiting until you have a decent lead seems to help the insta-commit to you.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #16
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
People can say it doesn't matter, but I personally find waiting until you have a decent lead seems to help the insta-commit to you.
I have had many guys thousands of points ahead and didn't commit when I offer scholarship even with the skill maxed, so my guess is it doesn't matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »