Home

JOB SECURITY offline dynasty

This is a discussion on JOB SECURITY offline dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
JOB SECURITY offline dynasty

Right now I'm defensive coordinator of a team and my hopes is to work my way up to a head coaching job somewhere. Each week I look at job security and I notice for a defensive coordinator the security of the job is based on team wins (which is understandable) and average points against per game. That is all fine and dandy but I have a higher average of points against per game so my job security is low, however my team is first in the league for sacks and within the top 15 for interceptions. I just don't know how job security is only based on team wins and points against.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2013, 06:33 PM   #2
Pro

ItsOrangeBaby's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JOB SECURITY offline dynasty

The job security should not really affect you too much, since after two season you should get a couple of head coaching jobs if you just keep the wins up.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 13

Defensive coordinators, in my opinion should not be based solely on wins. What if, in a game, your facing an opponent which is better than you and you keep them from scoring and actually force turnovers but your offense continuously fails every time to score? Wins are good yes, but for a d. Coordinator, its also important to show how well your defense plays aswell.

At Alabama, our players don't win Heisman Trophies. Our teams win National Championships.-Bear Bryant
Old 08-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2

exactly I finished with most sacks and top 10 in interceptions but since I gave up 27 points a game and finished with only 5 wins my job security level is at a 40. I got other offers for de. coord for other teams but I want to play as a head coach so hopefully after this season Ill get it but then again by the time that comes Madden 25 will be out and I wont touch NCAA ever again lol.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

It's so difficult to quantify if you're doing well as a coordinator. For me, I play 7 minute quarters and I have a ball control offense, so statistically my offense is terrible across the board, but they're doing exactly what I want them to do. Defensively, I don't give up many points, but I have an unfair advantage over the rest of the league because my defense isn't on the field for as many plays with me playing 7 minute quarters. If you started adding stats like sacks and INTs in to job security, that would put me at a disadvantage. Plus you also have defensive and ST TDs counting for the offense's points per game and counting against the defense.

Last edited by reyes the roof; 08-10-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »