Home

Can anyone give me any ideas for some once in a generation recruits to create?

This is a discussion on Can anyone give me any ideas for some once in a generation recruits to create? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2013, 02:37 AM   #1
Rookie

Noestar's Arena

OVR: 5
Can anyone give me any ideas for some once in a generation recruits to create?

Here is the template! It's just to make dynasty mode a little more exciting for me!

Name:
Color:
Size:
Number:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Hometown:
Equipment:
Backstory:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Can anyone give me any ideas for some once in a generation recruits to create?

I usually just recreate retired NFL stars as young high school graduates. For example, at the start of my second dynasty year, I created a young Lawrence Taylor to come into the league as a rookie MLB. Afterwards, I'll check on the player every now and then to see if they actually make it back to the NFL draft.

As far as scouting the created players for my team specifically, its completely dependent upon the games recruiting A.I. as I dont actively play the God role that much. I'll usually close my eyes and flip the stick, and whatever state is on the screen, thats where the player will be from. However, for Lawrence Taylor I went ahead and put him directly in one of my pipeline states to see what would happen, and the a.i. actually put him on my scout list so its looking like I'll actually get one of my created players for a change.

I dont give them extraordinary ratings either. I might give them a decent number in one or two areas but the rest of the work they'll have to grind out themselves during game/sim time. Next, I'll be using the UT players and creating them in my dynasties to come.

Might be something you want to try out.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Can anyone give me any ideas for some once in a generation recruits to create?

Bobby Boucher! The Water Boy

MLB, 5'5 99 speed, 99 strength, 99 hitting power, 0 awareness
Old 08-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Someone in the dynasty thread gave the idea for Bo Jackson Jr. Just take the ratings that EA gave a freshman Bo Jackson and apply it to the recruit.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't do any Jr's or sons of former players. I like to re-create great college players. No system to it. Like another posted stated, I created LT at the beginning of my second year as well. However, I made him an OLB and he ended up at Alabama.

I have created Don Hutson, Paul Hornung, Eric Dickerson, Warren Sapp...I add 2-3 created recruits each year. It's fun adding them in and seeing where they go and how they perform.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2013, 11:46 AM   #6
MVP

brent3419's Arena

OVR: 6

i made a "third" vick brother named mario vick. the thing i found flawed was that all his top schools werent near by, they was just 5 powerhouse schools. when i saw the usc trojans on his list i was like wtf
Old 08-12-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noestar
Here is the template! It's just to make dynasty mode a little more exciting for me!

Name: Musa Ali
Color: Mixed
Size: 6'6 230
Number: 8
Strengths: Speed, strength, overall athleticism, love for sports
Weaknesses: Inexperience
Birthplace: The Bronx, New York
Hometown: Toronto, Canada
Equipment:

Backstory:

Scouting Report: Born to a Sudanese father and Haitian mother, Musa Ali is blessed with both a wealth of cultural knowledge and athletic genes. His father, Faheem Ali, was an international soccer player and his mother, Sarai Davis-Ali, was a track star that competed and placed in several triathlon competitions in New York, the city where the two met and later married.

The couple didn't stay there for long, living in three separate continents before retiring from athletic competition and settling in Canada to start a family. Musa Ali, their first born son, inherited his fathers length and his mothers speed. It was inevitable that he'd fall in love with sports and competition.

A natural at both team and individual sports, Musa was involved with basketball, soccer, track, hockey, lacrosse, diving, and was a black belt in Karate by the time he was 11-years-old. That same year he grew three inches and won an MVP award for his youth basketball team.

He was invited to participate in an American middle school combine featuring some of the best young basketball players in North America, where he shined and met several recruiters who urged him to focus solely on basketball.

Hundreds of free throws a day. Hours practicing dribbling. Hours in the weight room. Hours watching tape of his favorite players - Dirk Nowitski and Kobe Bryant - it all culminated in Ali developing into a starting forward for his varsity high school team. A year later he received his first college scholarship offer from Gonzaga University.

Ali was set on becoming a top notch basketball star, but a trip to Miami during the Holidays to visit his mothers side of the family changed his fate. A cousin invited him to a Miami Dolphins football game against the Dallas Cowboys; which happened to be the first American Football game Ali had ever watched live.

He'd never thought much of American Football. He thought Rugby looked more fun to play, from the few times he watched it passively on tv. But being near the sidelines gave him a closer, more intimate look into the game, it's structure, and it's speed. The hits. The one handed catches. The impressive throws. It left an impression that he couldn't shake.

When the New Years came, he sat himself down in front of the tv and watched the college football bowl games. Not knowing the players. Not knowing the traditions. But knowing what he saw, he liked. Oregon's colorful uniforms. Alabama's huge and physical defensive players. Florida State's chants. The band of Ohio State. It all intrigued him enough to tell his parents that he wanted to try out for the high school football team the next year, his junior season.

It was risky. He'd given up playing other sports to focus on basketball. But this was an itch he needed to be scratched. Ali knows three languages and has been learning sports all of his life, but learning American Football was a taller task than he expected.

He watched games on youtube and read the rules on wikipedia, but that couldn't prepare him for the newness of stepping on the gridiron. He needed help to put on his shoulder pads and was lost when he heard a coach say "you should be a tackle,", not knowing the coach was referring to playing the position offensive tackle. Those wouldn't be the only misunderstandings.

Was a safety a guy on the defense, or a 2 point score for the other team?

What was the difference between a running back, fullback, and halfback?

Why weren't some of the receivers on the line of scrimmage?

Maybe these basic concepts wouldn't have been explained to your average high school junior. But when the coaches saw a 6'6 205 lb kid anxious to learn the game, they eagerly accommodated him.

Impressing the coaches with his raw ability in the first few practices, they decided to play him at defensive end and tight end. By the middle of the season, he was leading the team in sacks and touchdown receptions. In the 9th game, he injured his ankle and was not only forced to miss the remaining football season, but his upcoming basketball season.

This was the crossroads. His basketball coach urged him to quit football and return to playing basketball exclusively, but despite the injury, Ali had fallen in love with football. When spring practice came around, he told the coaches he was all in with football under only one condition; they let him try out for quarterback.

Watching college and NFL football, Ali had grown to like the playing style of Cam Newton, Johnny Football, and Marcus Mariota. The coaches were skeptical, but figured it wouldn't hurt to let him compete for the starting QB spot. It took one pass in the spring game to change their minds. A 65-yard touchdown bomb across his body after shoving off a blitzing linebacker.

Ali attended a football combine that summer, and turned even more heads by running a 4.39. Rivals, ESPN, 247, and Scout all wrote glowing reviews on the Canadian prospect. Not even a day later, Ali received a phone call from Kirby Smart, the defensive coordinator from the defending national champions, who was interested in bringing Ali and his family in for a visit. By the end of the week, he had national interest from over two dozen schools, including offers from several northeast colleges like Western Michigan, Syracuse, and Northwestern.

With his senior season set to begin, many are wondering what will become of this incredibly talented prospect. He's put on 15 lbs of muscle since joining the football team, but still is usually the fastest player on the football field. Will it be basketball or football? Following in the footseps of Kobe or Cam?

I create this guy in NBA 2K and NCAA almost every year lol.

For his attributes. His speed is in the low 90s. His acceleration and agility are in the 80s. Then I give fair ratings to catching (mid 70s), blocking (60s), hit power (80s), throw power (90s), trucking (90s), and for kicks and giggles kick power (80s). His raw skills are all pretty high but things like awareness, tackling, throwing accuracy, I set low to sim his inexperience in football. He can pretty much play QB, TE, WR, LB, K, or DE.

He usually has dreads too. I've never signed him/drafted him, but it's so fun to follow his career. In a few years, I create his younger brother.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 08-12-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #8
Rookie

BiloxiSmitty's Arena

OVR: 6

Marcus Dupree

6ft 3in
225lbs
Runs like a deer, strong as an ox. It would be cool to see what would happen if he had 4yrs of college ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »