Home

How are you currently spending your time with NCAA '14?

This is a discussion on How are you currently spending your time with NCAA '14? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2013, 01:20 AM   #25
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How are you currently spending your time with NCAA '14?

I am working my way through teams seeing which ones can run Army's/ Georgia Tech's option playbook. Since the flexbone is a legitimate formation now due to the blocking enhancements, I get a joy out of trying it out with different teams. Florida does wonders with it, Oregon and Ohio State of course, Georgia is another, as well as Texas A&M, FSU, and USC (USC pro-style qb doesn't have to run that much unless the read is right). This alone makes the game worth playing for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #26
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Offline Dynasty. At my next sitting I'll be playing game 1 of year 6 of a dynasty with Georgia State. I haven't gotten this deep into a dynasty in years and never got this deep this soon after release!
Old 08-13-2013, 08:42 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 0

Just about done with my second year of dynasty mode using Akron with NO signs of boredom or frustration. There's a few things the devs need to tweak here and there, but overall they brought me back after damn near 8 years of frustration with current gen releases. I'm all in, the same as I was during the PS2 era.

I still want my analog sensitivity back though!! Its hard to play CB and LB from snap to whistle without the precision movement. PS2 versions you could actually go from walking, to slow jogging, to sprinting. This generation the walking (pre snap especially) is missing.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 17

Curious to know what you guys do for defense who are playing on heisman level. My #1 gripe this year is that I don't feel I can do anything other than blitz the crap out of the CPU on defense.
Old 08-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #29
MVP

SpartyParty11's Arena

OVR: 7

Since the facemask glitch is bothering my offline dynasty and RTG, I've been playing online. 7-2 record and on a 6 game winning streak. And no I don't cheese.

Michigan State Spartans
Oregon Ducks
Miami Hurricanes
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
Central Michigan Chippewas (College I'm Attending)
Old 08-13-2013, 03:26 PM   #30
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0

I have several dynasties going and a RtG.

One dynasty is a relegation with TB teams. (Playing with my Wisconsin State TB team)

One is real and will follow all real moves for the next few years. (Playing with Wisconsin)..going to focus on this one for awhile to get through a few seasons and export draft classes.

One will be a 12 team MAC teambuilder.

Also planning on a geographically aligned one.

I am also doing a computer simmed full 126 team mega tournament on play now, which will take awhile.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 08-13-2013, 03:31 PM   #31
Rookie

B Easy's Arena

OVR: 3

Currently playing my offline dynasty with the Houston Cougars. It's been a lot fun but I haven't been having a blast with it like I have in years past in my USC Trojans dynasties. Maybe once I get into the off season and start getting the recruits I want, then I'll be fully immersed in it.

NCAA in general just seems to have gotten stale to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Curious to know what you guys do for defense who are playing on heisman level. My #1 gripe this year is that I don't feel I can do anything other than blitz the crap out of the CPU on defense.
I try to mix it up but blitzing is a big part of my defense on heisman. I rather get beat blitzing than not bringing pressure and still having the computer march up and down the field on me. I use ask coach mode on defense tho so 6 times out of ten, if a blitz shows up as one of those 3 plays then I will pick it (depending on the down and distance).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »