Home

BCS is broken

This is a discussion on BCS is broken within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2013, 02:07 AM   #17
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: BCS is broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Broken is broken. When I see a 3 loss team get in over an undefeated team I'll worry about it then. However, with all the complaints and ridicoulousness that has been the BCS in real life, I doubt I'd lose much sleep over it in a video game.

Trying to replicate and make sense of the senseless seems like a exercise in frustration to me .
If a 3 loss team getting in over an undefeated team would cause a change of opinion, then broken isn't broken. There is a difference between debatable and absolutely implausible.

I wouldn't argue one way or the other if one loss teams were getting in over other one loss teams. But when a 9 win teams gets in the title game when a 12 win team from the SAME DIVISION sits on the outside, then that is beyond broken. Not losing sleep. Not crusading. But am saying that it's a problem that doesn't reflect real life.

I hope there is work being done to the logic for the top 4 of the poll system next year. I just don't understand not caring for the dev team to work on it.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 08-13-2013 at 02:26 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:42 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
What does a million likes have to do with anything? Your post isn't useful and it implies that the concern isn't valid or worth talking about. It's the one line nonsense that constantly goes on within forums.

It can be helped. Discussing it, posting examples, keeping it a topic of conversation on a sim sports forum potentially leads to something being done about it. At some point, the dev team is going to have to start tuning the logic for the plus one playoffs anyway.

A link to the other thread was all that was needed. But continue taking satisfaction in your likes from a month old thread.
You can be serious. Something being done about it? Like all the threads last year complaining about the computer setting their zones to aggressive? That sure did something. EA doesn't care. At all.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:16 AM   #19
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrokeu
You can be serious. Something being done about it? Like all the threads last year complaining about the computer setting their zones to aggressive? That sure did something. EA doesn't care. At all.
I think this about wraps up the thread lol
Old 08-13-2013, 03:50 AM   #20
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibrokeu
keeping it a topic of conversation on a sim sports forum potentially leads to something being done about it.

po·ten·tial (p-tnshl)adj.1. Capable of being but not yet in existence.

People complained about the lack of stat overlays last year and this year it got put in. Does that mean every single problem will be addressed? No. But that isn't what was asserted either.

There are plenty of legacy issues. I just posted this about the overtime glitch a few days ago.

Quote:
Yeah, had it happen to a week or 2 ago. Makes me try even harder to avoid overtime, which sucks the life out of really close games.

It's pretty inexcusable that it seems they don't know how to fix this issue.
So does that mean stop talking about problems? Is that where we are?

Last edited by DorianDonP; 08-13-2013 at 03:54 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:03 AM   #21
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
So does that mean stop talking about problems? Is that where we are?
A guy says he doesn't think EA cares that we complain about the problems on this game and you go as far as to even bring up the idea that we should stop talking about the problems on our games? That's ridiculous.

I have no idea what you are talking about man. You think we should only post about problems on our game if we have the belief EA will read our comment and fix it? That's insane. No one (except you I guess) expects EA to read our comments about our problems and actually address them, but that doesn't mean we aren't allowed to talk about them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 04:36 AM   #22
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

To PM. ....
Old 08-13-2013, 07:30 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
How is this a helpful post?

To the OP. Curious. Did Bama beat Miss State?
They did. MSU's only loss. But MSU & Illinois had more wins against ranked teams. GT had most wins against ranked teams but also 2 losses. Illinois loss was to 3-9 Minnesota. The worst loss by far.

Bama lost to 2 unranked teams and #8 Wisconsin.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:20 AM   #24
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0

Yeah its not perfect, but I think you also have to see when the loses happend because as in real life a late season loss (even if its to a better team) seems to be a lot worse than an earlier season loss.

A 3 loss team shouldnt probably get in but did they lose early and then end up beating a bunch of highly ranked teams late in the season (this could be why they jumped to the top). If something like this happened then they probably were jumping up the polls as they beat those ranked teams.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »