Home

Do You Think Ratings Matter For Dline? Plus Next Gen Rant.

This is a discussion on Do You Think Ratings Matter For Dline? Plus Next Gen Rant. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
Rookie

IrishBengals6's Arena

OVR: 2
Do You Think Ratings Matter For Dline? Plus Next Gen Rant.

With the run blocking being OP this year do ratings seem to matter? Specifically strength. I did an experiment using Fiddy's slidders (which btw make the game run much more organicly and appear to make ratings more relevant) in which I created a 99 rated DE weighing 400 pounds and one with equal stats weighing 160 pounds and put them at RE. The results, when running power o at the RE thr 400 lb De held his ground 8/10 times. The 160 lb De only held his ground 4/10 (with 99 str). So I get excited because I am seeing weight and strength effect the play. So just for the heck of it I move both to LE. Results, 400 lb De only hold s ground 1/10 times. It's frustrating because strength and size seem to matter in run plays at Re but not Le. I understand the game isnt perfect but could they at least code the DE the same? If I recruit a beast of a DE it shouldn't matter whether I play him at Re or Le to make him successful. Its vis versa in pass game the left end dominates. I hope in next gen EA gets to the root of the problem, THE FUNDAMENTALS.We don't need pylon physics or 3d grass. We need everyone in the right of alignment, ratings to matter, penalty overhaul, special teams overhaul. The reason one broken problem leads to the next at EA is that when for example, the run game is lacking, what do they do? Make running BETTER they don't fix the root of the problem which may be blocking assignments, RB vision, glitched, pursuit angles among other things. They simply think making something "better" or more effective. If EA does not address these problems early next gen is doomed.
MLB- Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Do You Think Ratings Matter For Dline? Plus Next Gen Rant.

dline ratings matter, unlike the last 2 years where you basically just recruited 1* DTs and had them go beast mode during game play.

I doubt weight actually matters other than perhaps during tackle animations. It never has before, and EA would make it a huge back of the box feature if they were 'innovative' like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »