Home

Hard Time Catching Jump Balls?

This is a discussion on Hard Time Catching Jump Balls? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2013, 06:19 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Hard Time Catching Jump Balls?

I've been on these NCAA boards a lot lately and I've been very critical of this game, not because I am hating or anything like that, but because I know how great this game can be. All the while I have been working on a slider set behind the scenes to accomplish the following goals

-Fix the CPU defense vs the read option
-Stop the ROBO QB
-Make larger receivers play to their size
-Establish a solid pass rush

The sliders are still a work in progress but I believe that we will see some things that have never been seen before. I've already encountered some never before seen catch animations, here are just a few examples of TE's and large receivers going up to get the ball. Stay tuned for my slider set.

"Unleash Infinity"

Last edited by JrueToTheGame; 08-13-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #10
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

Seems like the problem is universal, the jump button rarely works. Doesn't seem to matter whether I hold it for a full second or tap it. Never seems to go for the ball on either side of the ball.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #11
Just started!

JOHNNYHEISMAN's Arena

OVR: 0

I've actually had a decent jump ball completion rate compared to others from what it seems like. I find I have more success when a receiver has kind of stopped his route and is just waiting on the ball, those plays seem to give the reciever better response
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2013, 06:28 PM   #12
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNYHEISMAN
I've actually had a decent jump ball completion rate compared to others from what it seems like. I find I have more success when a receiver has kind of stopped his route and is just waiting on the ball, those plays seem to give the reciever better response
That maybe, but on fade routes and one on one situations, how many times doe the receiver stop and just wait? I think that is people's problems.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:38 PM   #13
Rookie

Exclamation Re: Hard Time Catching Jump Balls?

I'm glad to know this is not just a problem with me and my ability, though I'm certainly not a great player. I've had far too many instances of being in a great position (sometimes as good as standing directly in front of a WR waiting for a long bomb that was throw a little short) when I've hit, and I've tried tapping and holding, the triangle button. A majority of the time my CB/S won't make a play on the ball at all - much less intercept it. He'll just stand there watching it sail overhead. However, I was able to complete the NIKE training easily, as I was curious if it was the game or me, but it doesn't seem to work well for me in regular games.

In full disclosure I've had a few times when I've been able to get USER INT's but they are few and far between it seems. Maybe it is a timing or distance thing, where you have to be a certain distance and/or hit the button at a certain point? Also my INT slider is on 30.

I don't want all interceptions but defenders certainly should not just stand there or run with the receiver and not put a hand up. It's got to be a bugged ball-hawking issue (really love that feature btw ). I don't catch for the WR very often but I have on occasion and usually don't have a problem with the button then - but that sample size is far smaller than the many times I've had to make a play defensively to make up for the AI.

On that note - have any of you tried using the swat button instead of going for the pick? I haven't consciously tried it as far as I remember. If you have is it better?

Last edited by Zalym; 08-13-2013 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:59 AM   #14
Rookie

I agree with everyone else. There's been countless times I've had a cb right there for the pic hit the button and he doesn't even move his arms... frustrating as heck.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:00 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 1
Are you guys just hitting the button or holding it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 12:44 PM   #16
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

guys try holding down (TRIANGLE) or (Y) it actually works depending on situations . Back shoulder fades in redzone for some reason you wont have anyluck unless you let the cpu take control but, deep routes when the timing is right you will see improvement on jump balls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDh10BLJT4w

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »