Home

SEC, Pac-12, Big Ten Won't License Trademarks in Future Video Games

This is a discussion on SEC, Pac-12, Big Ten Won't License Trademarks in Future Video Games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: SEC Won't License Trademarks in Future Video Games

It would have been nice to get an NCAA game with the playoff system included before it all gets shut down.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #58
LPU
Rookie

LPU's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrushx
Couldn't we end all of this if we just pay the players? It's starting to get a little silly as to how far we are willing to go just to avoid paying players.
Agree that they should be paid, but I don't know if it's that simple. The process in establishing that brings in its own set of problems regarding how much, how it's regulated, and where it's coming from (granted most of these institutions wouldn't have a problem coming up with $$).

And would that solve the issues w/ licensing altogether or is there more to it than player likenesses w/o compensation? I don't know.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMBrown
heh, superior gameplay. That game sucked. I'm sorry but it did.
Compared to 2k5 definitely.

It could have worked, but as I said, the marketing was rubbish and the customization sucked.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:57 AM   #60
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrushx
Couldn't we end all of this if we just pay the players? It's starting to get a little silly as to how far we are willing to go just to avoid paying players.
EA would probably stop making the game before they began paying for player likenesses. I doubt they would view the series as successful enough to absorb that cost.
Old 08-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xirdneh132
From a selfish perspective this sucks but from a big picture perspective I'm still on the side of O'Bannon and the others. The NCAA has a long history of taking advantage of the players and for those of you trying to side with the NCAA (mostly because you care about video games) go through the abuses of the NCAA and there is no defending them. The NCAA had this coming, it's their fault not O'Bannon's or any of the players, blaming the players is easy and lazy when the NCAA is really the one at fault. I love this game and don't want to see it go but it's the price we pay for the NCAA's greed and all we can hope for (since the writing seems to be on the wall) is that EA has at least one more game in them and they should man up and make the best possible game they can make, even if it means they release if later than usual. Make a game believing it's your last and go out in a blaze of glory.
the players know what they're signing up for when they sign the commitment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #62
Pro

OVR: 8

I find this to be a perfect time to throw out what I've been saying for years.

RELEASE THE DAMN GAME ON PC.

Make it fully moddable, and it really does not matter one damn bit which schools/conferences/whatever sign on with you to use their logos, names, games, etc. EVERY school in the NCAA could pull out of the game tomorrow and it would take modders all of a week or two to put all of that stuff back in the game as if nothing ever happened, and oh by the way it would be better.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
I find this to be a perfect time to throw out what I've been saying for years.

RELEASE THE DAMN GAME ON PC.

Make it fully moddable, and it really does not matter one damn bit which schools/conferences/whatever sign on with you to use their logos, names, games, etc. EVERY school in the NCAA could pull out of the game tomorrow and it would take modders all of a week or two to put all of that stuff back in the game as if nothing ever happened, and oh by the way it would be better.

Playing this game on the computer?....eeeeeeeh. However, you are right. You'd have kids going days straight until it was as good or if not better than the actual produced product.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #64
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I feel for those gamers that enjoy collegiate football games but for someone like me that prefers NFL gaming, there is a potential silver lining to no more NCAA Football. Maybe EA will finally add everything football they can to Madden instead of this asinine obsession with adding some to one of their football titles and not the other, to differentiate. I really can't believe the number of things that are universal to representing football that aren't shared by both games, so if NCAA Football does unfortunately get scrapped, maybe they will at least bring more of its' applicable features into Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »