Home

Anyone ever rage-quit against the AI for CLEARLY cheating???

This is a discussion on Anyone ever rage-quit against the AI for CLEARLY cheating??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #49
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Anyone ever rage-quit against the AI for CLEARLY cheating???

The AI def cheats but I usually get over it (and never quit) because at least I'm not going undefeated all the time. Upsets happen I guess.

I remember playing a past NCAA, and I fumbled the ball like 8 times in a game. Not even exagerating, my RB and WRs had around 7 or 8 lost fumbles. I had conservative on and I was holding the protect ball button but it felt like I fumbled every time I touched the ball. I kept getting the strip ball animation on nearly every tackle. That was the angriest I have ever been over a dynasty game. It was a lost to an unranked team....it gave me a storyline to bench my starting RB though.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 08-16-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #50
Rookie

MathisJones's Arena

OVR: 0

Have any of you ever watched a real football game? Things like this happen in real games. Do they happen often? Depends what you think is often. You've played how many games? If you watch full seasons of real football you'll see a lot of head scratching, hair pulling, bad word saying moments.

As an FSU fan, did I really think NC State would turn around a 16-0 deficit at half last year just to make 4th down after 4th down to win 17-16? Did Virginia really stand a chance against FSU 2 years ago when our offense, which had been on a ROLL for games, went ridiculously cold & couldn't do a thing?

Chris Weinke threw 6 interceptions in one game. Did the AI cheat that time?

A few years ago Nebraska (where I live) played Iowa State. Niles Paul (I think) who is now a pro fumbled 2 or 3 times within the 5 yard line. Halu fumbled multiple times. They lost 10-7.

Things happen. The ball bounces the wrong way every once in a while. And when you have 100 games under your belt, you're going to see some weird stuff. That's the nature of the beast.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #51
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/...simmons/020814

Quote:
This era also witnesses the dawning of the "No Bleeping Way Game," where you are playing out a "season" against the computer and doing a little too well, so the computer gets ticked and make sure there is no bleeping way you are winning the next game -- dropped passes, improbable kick returns, random fumbles and so on. God, I hate the No Bleeping Way Game.
-Bill Simmons in 2002.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #52
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathisJones
Have any of you ever watched a real football game? Things like this happen in real games. Do they happen often? Depends what you think is often. You've played how many games? If you watch full seasons of real football you'll see a lot of head scratching, hair pulling, bad word saying moments.

As an FSU fan, did I really think NC State would turn around a 16-0 deficit at half last year just to make 4th down after 4th down to win 17-16? Did Virginia really stand a chance against FSU 2 years ago when our offense, which had been on a ROLL for games, went ridiculously cold & couldn't do a thing?

A few years ago Nebraska (where I live) played Iowa State. Niles Paul (I think) who is now a pro fumbled 2 or 3 times within the 5 yard line. Halu fumbled multiple times. They lost 10-7.

Things happen. The ball bounces the wrong way every once in a while. And when you have 100 games under your belt, you're going to see some weird stuff. That's the nature of the beast.
True but all this happens naturally. I've had games where my defense stops covering their assignments, 170 HB truck my DT, LB, and SS in succession to break 70 yard TD's, And 95 ACC QBs throw to button I didn't press for picks. I'm all for challenges, just legit ones where I'm actually outplayed and not have screwy programming cost me the games
Old 08-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #53
Rookie

OmahaKnights's Arena

I had Ohio built up to a B+ level team, and they were taking on Louisville, another B+ team. The AI had decided that Louisville was going to win the game, through hell or high water. I couldn't get any breaks. My receivers had the dropsies all game, their RB ran through tackles like he was covered in grease. I was getting frustrated, but the nail in the coffin was when my guy had their guy on the outside of him on a slant pattern. I threw to him, and their guy warped through my guy Agent Smith style and swatted the ball away. I was fuming, even getting on my phone and recording video of the incident.

After that, I just said "**** it" and decided to work on my option reads for the rest of the game.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:07 AM   #54
Rookie

I've had so many rage moments over the years with this title ir is comical. But my latest was this morning trying my darnedest to get Tennessee to a bowl game. I got AI'ed out of a game against Vandy the previous week as everything I did failed and everything they did worked. Well, the same thing in the finale against Kentucky. I. Took a 24 - 13 lead as the second half began then I could not make a stop on defense for anything.

The moment of controller flinging came when, on third and 6 with that lead in tact and UK at about the 50, I had strung out their stretch play and the RB pretty much dead to rights for no gain. The stiff he threw on my LB would have made a low budget movie look real. My LB flew backwards about 3 yards, they pick up the first and go on to score a few plays later. From there, my mind was mush. I couldn't do anything on offense and could not stop them on defense and went on to lose 38-24.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #55
Pro

Mazarati 2012's Arena

OVR: 3

It's just funny when you're playing the first half, the AI QB looks as good as the fourth string QB on a middle school football team. Then the second half it plays like a Heisman trophy winner. Offense is unstoppable. QB running over 4-5 defenders to get a TD. I use to get upset but I realize no matter how much things seem crazy or unreal it's just a video game. It does what it wants, when it wants, how it wants. Nothing you can do but keep playing or turn it off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 05:04 PM   #56
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathisJones

I threw 5 INTs last night in my dynasty. Did the computer cheat? No I just fell apart for some reason. I didn't quit because it was my fault, not the computer spelunking me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »