Home

Anyone ever rage-quit against the AI for CLEARLY cheating???

This is a discussion on Anyone ever rage-quit against the AI for CLEARLY cheating??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #1
Rookie

BoltThrower74's Arena

OVR: 0
Anyone ever rage-quit against the AI for CLEARLY cheating???

First, I'm playing offline dynasty. Now that that's outta the way, I quit an offline dynasty game last night because I was being majorly cheaped by the AI. Yes, I know, it's the AI. Point is, I feel salty over it but there's no way I can argue against quitting out. Here's the scenario:

My D has been playing lights out. I've been building my team (SDSU) on nasty defense. My 5-star QB I recruited has also been playing lights out. My secondary and LBs have gotten 11 picks through 4 games. I've had 10 sacks through 4 (my 5-star DE I recruited has 6 of those). So not bad, right?

Then it happens. 5th game against a vastly inferior opponent. UNM is 15-20 points below me in every category. It starts with me on O, running a speed option. Pitch to my HB who catches the ball then promptly fumbles and the UNM D recovers. Ok fine. Hold them to 3 points while they march down the field, fine. Kickoff and I bring it to 25. Run a read-option and my QB gets easily outrun by their 70-speed DE (my QB speed is 88). And yes, I checked the ratings. Ok fine. Cheesy but fine. Next play, I drop to pass and get grazed by a CB and fumble. They recover. I've had this QB for 2 seasons and he's never fumbled yet chooses to do so in this game. Ok fine. It happens. The first play they run, their QB scrambles and my LB blows him up, to where the ball pops loose in the air, hits the ground, and... no fumble. He was scrambling, not throwing by the way. So not only did it not get ruled a fumble and recovered by my D that was swarming, they run an option and score after their QB breaks (I'm not kidding here) 5 freakin' tackles! Someone tell me when a QB can stiff arm a DE AND a DT (and my CBs and FS) in the same play? Mind you, my DE is a badass, 85 speed and 90 tackling. So they score. I march down field on my ensuing possession mixing pass and run. On my next read option, my QB gets grazed AGAIN and promptly fumbles AGAIN. Their ball. Meanwhile, on their possessions, their QB has gotten gang sacked and hit numerous times. No fumbles. But whatever. It was 10-7 UNM going into 4th. After 2 fumbles off option plays, I quit those and go traditional run. Guess what? Another fumble. This time I actually recover (GASP). I go pass, hit the correct button and my QB throws it nowhere near my receiver I selected and??? Pick. Their ball again. My QB threw it to the opposite side of the field I selected. Whatever, I keep fighting. I stop them (surprising given how I've been ripped off up to this point in the game) and am milking the clock to march down field and score and leave them little time to score back. So I drop to pass, throw to intended receiver (this time, game got it right) and it bounces off the DBs chest, hits the ground, then "warps" into his hands for a game-killing INT. I challenged it, of course. Saw it on replay the ball did bounce from his chest, to the ground, then warped into his hands so I figured "I got this." Nope. Call stood. It was 1:36 left in game and I was at 40. At that point, I said "enough" and turned it off. AI cheated, so I did.

Make no mistake, if it was a legit loss, I'd have taken it. I got my *** kicked by South Carolina and VT and while I was pissed, I took it. They were just simply the better team. Of course I wanna win, but I'm not a sore loser. I've lost plenty of games where I've made mistakes or I knew "crap, that's a pick!" or when I knew I hit the wrong button or called a blitz at the wrong time or whatever. What I'm describing here is clear super-computer cheating. When I lost that challenge, that was the final straw and I turned it off.

Anyone have crap like this happen? Anyone ever quit out mid-game?

Ok /rant
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
MVP

Blitz1942's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Anyone ever rage-quit against the AI for CLEARLY cheating???

Never quit out on an AI game, though came very close to in an online dynasty game last year. I was Notre Dame at home vs UNC. No matter what I did, I couldn't stop their offense. I'd blitz and their QB would instantly throw the ball to a perfectly placed slant as it was snapped. Late in the game, I was up by 10 points (got a lucky interception that resulted in a field goal), when the biggest "cheat" play got me.

UNC lines up in a shotgun formation and runs a speed option to the left. The quarterback gets out directly in front of the running back, while my outside linebacker makes the move to hit him. Suddenly, the QB pitches the ball backwards, through his body, to the running back. Their running back cuts it back, breaks a couple tackles, and speeds off for the touchdown. I went back, watched the replay multiple times, and just sat there in awe as their quarterback pretty much ignored all laws of physics to pitch the ball through his own body. I almost quit out of that game right there.

Though, I did quit out of a NFUT online game yesterday because my opponent ran nothing but 4 Verts out of a 4 WR Shotgun formation using 4 Randy Mosses and Vince Young. So if one of the Mosses wasn't wide open, he'd just take off and scramble with Young. Turned my console off after two plays of his second drive.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #3
Rookie

BoltThrower74's Arena

Yeah, pitching through his own body would've caused me to pull what little hair I have, out! I actually don't mind when if I'm blitzing constantly, the AI picks it up and beats it with quick throws, draws or whatever. But what you mentioned, and what I originally posted, is crazy. It's still annoying when the AI is perfect, so I get ya. And the UT thing I get. That totally sucks.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:39 PM   #4
Rookie

AshamanCarnage's Arena

OVR: 2

I quit last night in rage actually.

I was Miami playing against Wake Forest. Thanks to some near-miraculous plays from Wake Forest I am only ahead by 3 in the 4th. They got the ball backed all the way up to their own 10. They go with the option, but my safety is coming on the blitz. I hit stick the QB who proceeds to stiff arm/throw my safety off like a small child. He made a spin move broke another tackle and was gone for the score.

Insta-rage quit.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #5
Pro

Mazarati 2012's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't quit but it is rather irritating sometimes. For example I could be shutting an opponent out for 3 straight qtrs. Then in the 4th quarter all of a sudden they become unstoppable. Seems like the AI doesn't want you to win without it at least scoring a TD. I thought maybe it was just that one game but has happened a couple of times. This game been cheating for years. LOL. Also I remember once I was running down the sideline on my way to a game tying touchdown, get to the goal line, fumbles, and didn't even get touched. That time I did just shut the game off.

Last edited by Mazarati 2012; 08-15-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #6
Rookie

BoltThrower74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshamanCarnage
I quit last night in rage actually.

I was Miami playing against Wake Forest. Thanks to some near-miraculous plays from Wake Forest I am only ahead by 3 in the 4th. They got the ball backed all the way up to their own 10. They go with the option, but my safety is coming on the blitz. I hit stick the QB who proceeds to stiff arm/throw my safety off like a small child. He made a spin move broke another tackle and was gone for the score.

Insta-rage quit.
Geezus dude, there was a play similar that happened to me in this same game I'm bitching about! I actually had them on their own 5 and I was crowding the line to try and get the safety. Called a really good blitz with good coverage. They snap and the AI QB is immediately in his own endzone and scrambling right into my LE and DE crashing from the outside while my LBs contain on the edges. You'd think there's NO WAY I wouldn't get the safety. WRONG. He stiffarms a DE, TRUCKs a LB, spins off my pursuing CB and runs to my 45. I'm actually surprised I didn't quit at this point.
Old 08-15-2013, 01:01 PM   #7
Rookie

BoltThrower74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazarati 2012
I don't quit but it is rather irritating sometimes. For example I could be shutting an opponent out for 3 straight qtrs. Then in the 4th quarter all of a sudden they become unstoppable. Seems like the AI doesn't want you to win without it at least scoring a TD. I thought maybe it was just that one game but has happened a couple of times. This game been cheating for years. LOL. Also I remember once I was running down the sideline on my way to a game tying touchdown, get to the goal line, fumbles, and didn't even get touched. That time I did just shut the game off.
I can't tell you how many times I encounter this. Unfortunately I just accept it. As you said, if they want to score, they will score. Nothing you can do about it. I've completely shut out opposing teams to 0 points in the first 3 quarters, only to have them miracle-rally and come to within a FG in 4th. When they wanna score, you're done. Period. Yet again in last night's game, one of their fumble recoveries (from my QB who hasn't fumbled once in 2 years) they ran it all the way back, shaking off defender after defender until they scored. I just wish they'd make the AI "good" instead of "cheap."
Old 08-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #8
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazarati 2012
I can't get shutouts against anyone. From USC to UMass there is no way I can shut them out. Good D needs to be rewarded not punished

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »