Home

What Are Your Plans for NCAA 14 and your Future Plans for NCAA Moving Forward?

This is a discussion on What Are Your Plans for NCAA 14 and your Future Plans for NCAA Moving Forward? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: What Are Your Plans for NCAA 14 and your Future Plans for NCAA Moving Forward?

It's definitely pride swallowing this year. You have to be willing to make the sacrifices for a true simulation approach to the game. That's just how it is at this point.

Everyday the game brings me joy, honestly. I've been frustrated with figuring things out - but overall, it's a solid title. It's everything NCAA 13 wasn't and has a feel of NCAA 2006 when set up correctly. As long as you don't settle for what it is out of the box, and explore EVERY option out there - you'll get a good game. What I've been saying is I want to maximize the potential - because there have been some pretty strong signs when you dig a little deeper, not to mention this could very well be the last NCAA title in a while.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #10
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: What Are Your Plans for NCAA 14 and your Future Plans for NCAA Moving Forward?

Depending on how many teams are missing from 15, I may just stick with 14. However, after playing the Madden demo, NCAA already feels stale for me which is crazy. In fact SEC, iv'e been using your sliders and having a great experience. Madden just feels, more alive. Especially from a presentation standpoint.

NCAA 14 will probably be getting traded in toward Madden very soon.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 8

NCAA is the only football game I can play and have fun with for the last 4-5 years. I can't stand Madden anymore and the player models and movement are just horrible IMO. Next gen NCAA/Madden have been a huge failure IMO.

I really don't care if another NCAA title comes out by EA because I'll just play 14 with updated rosters every year.

All that said, I hope this opens the door for EA to either step up their game (won't hold my breath) or, other studios get into the mix and start pushing football gaming forward. Next gen NCAA/Madden and the EA Licensing has been a very dark time for football video games.

Last edited by DNMHIII; 08-16-2013 at 11:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 7

I am actually enjoying 14 more than any NCAA in a long time. I have a great set of sliders that are giving me great results. However, I don't play online and my play style makes some of the ai failures insignificant.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #13
Rookie

Humperdink's Arena

OVR: 0

14 has its issues but I'm going to keep playing around with it for a long while to come. For all I know it's the last one we'll get, but aside from that, I treat the game like a hobby project. I get a couple slider sets I like and go crazy with the rosters, playing games here and there and watching CPU games to track the impact the roster changes are having. The fact that the option finally works (though it's overused, even the flexbone teams mix in a variety of running plays that AREN'T the triple option, but the CPU runs it more than half the time, not to mention teams like Oregon) makes the game much more fun for me to tinker with. I'm a college football fan who hasn't watched an NFL game beyond the Super Bowl for more than a quarter in nearly a decade now. The variety of schemes and personnel, along with the different atmosphere, make the college game more fun and engrossing for me, even if the video game reproduction of it comes up short.

I don't buy a lot of video games anymore, and play them a lot less because I've got other things to do now too, and other passions to follow in what down time I get. This game scratches an itch I've had since I was a kid (I probably should've tried to get on with Phil Steele when I was in college, the obsession was there) so I'm going to keep it. I'll follow the slow death of the NCAA and the legal issues associated with college football gaming, in the hopes that someday, a fully customizable game with full-sized rosters, FCS, FBS, and Division 4 (or whatever they choose to call themselves) teams all present and licensed, with some kind of agreement to allow for likeness, and all the logic and physics and presentation and immersion wishes we all list out every year all presents itself, with enough room for data to allow me to re-create or preserve any season I might wish to.

This game is imperfect, and sadly a bit soulless (I really don't know how they keep messing up the crowd noise so much, that and the TD glitches really mess up the atmosphere), but it's still a much-loved and engrossing diversion that Madden or any other sports game can't give me, because it's not college football.

TL/DR version: gonna keep it and tinker/play the crap out of it, warts and all, because I may not get another.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #14
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

I've got my game set up the way i want it. Actually when the news dropped about the conferences, i went out and bought another copy.

I get to where i get kind of addicted to my dynasty, and in fact, i have a good one going now (i tried to restart it with an updated Yukon roster last week, but reverted back to a game save instead).

If we get College Football '15, i'm on it. If not, i'll keep going with '14, i'm sure the community will rock out rosters, etc going forward if need be.

It is a bit sad playing, knowing now how close they are, the new systems about to drop, and potentially a dead franchise. I think EA is at the tip of greatness here with this game, so i hope we go forward.

Does anyone know if a single person OD, can be converted to offline? I only ask, because if this is the last version, i'm sure server support wont continue for ever.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #15
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazarati 2012
I will keep playing. It's actually one of the best. I decided to hold on to it since it's the last one of the" NCAA" licensed series.
This. I absolutely love NCAA 14 this year. Yes, there are a few minor issues with it, but the physics and dynasty changes are great, and it has endless longevity. I actually like the seasons better where it's been a few years and all the players are generated ones - feels more organic.

I think the community, and even the guys on the OS roundtable are WAY underestimated how troubled the future of the college football video game is. Even if they start to lose just a few teams, at first, the loss of ANY of them hurts realism, as does having fake conference names, bowls, etc. The same pressures that forced the NCAA out could equally apply to other entities licensing their name on a game the profits from NCAA player likenesses.

As for Madden 25, I was more impressed than I thought I'd be with the demo. It actually plays like NCAA 14 (in a good way), but looks nicer. Yet, every year I get talked into buying Madden, it's just a precipitous decline in interest from the day I buy it. I usually play NCAA 14 well into the following February (or later), whereas Madden gets about one or two months of run before I tire of the Franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #16
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I have a PS3 and 360 copy of NCAA 14. I plan on playing both for at least 2 years, at which time I'll likely move on to a PS4 or Xbox One. At that time, I'll see where the College Football series stands ... if it's non-existent, I'll keep one of my current-gen consoles plugged in so I can play 14.

I'm also buying Madden 25.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »