Home

Pulling a struggling player...

This is a discussion on Pulling a struggling player... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2013, 06:03 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
I wouldnt put the pulled guy in until the next game.
I did exactly that. Worked well. Came back from down 7-20 to win 34-27 and improve to 3-0 on the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #18
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Pulling a struggling player...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomps07
Isn't it you who is throwing all the interceptions? Replacing the qb doesn't mean crap.... You are controlling where he throws!
I've noticed that if you are throwing interceptions and your QB goes cold, sometimes his throws won't be as accurate...so even if you're controlling the player, you'll have to pull him and make some better decisions with the back-up
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Old 08-17-2013, 07:02 PM   #19
Rise up!

GruffyMcGuiness's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm at Clemson in year two and have an 82 overall freshman QB who does well in the pistol and a Senior Stoudt who is pretty much a pocket passer. Dickens is so inconsistent sometimes and seems to throw the ball nowhere near my receivers sometimes. When that's happening I'll bring in Stoudt who throws accurate bb's.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:10 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Absolutely. I use this mostly with QBs, but it works with other players as well. Sometimes you can scale back the playbook and get the QB to not be cold. But when they go cold it can be a disaster.

On the PS3, holding down R2 before the play and push the right stick down. That will show you which players are hot (red), warm (yellow), neutral(white) and cold (blue). Cold can seriously effect QB play.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #21
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomps07
Isn't it you who is throwing all the interceptions? Replacing the qb doesn't mean crap.... You are controlling where he throws!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
I've noticed that if you are throwing interceptions and your QB goes cold, sometimes his throws won't be as accurate...so even if you're controlling the player, you'll have to pull him and make some better decisions with the back-up
was TallyBoi said, sometimes it isn't just "you" throwing the INT.

I had a loss in my last week of our OD and this was the case. I threw the first INT on a terrible read by me, the next 2 throws were terrible and way off the mark along with a sack. now my QB is showing to be cold when doing a heat check. I'm running and running trying to get him hot since he is a scrambling QB, next pass I throw is on a playaction wheel route, the WR was WIDE open and I tried to throw to his outside shoulder to keep it away from the SS who was 8/9 yards away but his pass is terrible and short allowing the SS to make the ground up and get the INT.

next possession, WR running a drag route with the CB about 2 steps behind. try to feather a pass out and over the top to lead the WR further away from the CB... nope pass is feathered but shorter than I wanted and the CB undercuts the route and houses it.

bring in my backup QB and proceed to have much better results but the 24 pts I spotted them was too much to overcome.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »