Home

Small forward #31, the NCAA, and EA sports

This is a discussion on Small forward #31, the NCAA, and EA sports within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 03:04 PM   #25
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsontideuA
Ok, pay them and void all scholarships. If education is not important make them pay for it and I bet they would rather go to for free than worry about likeness figure. To many people in debt and getting more debt after school to worried paying a student athlete that could be a millionaire in three years with no student debt. It does not add up. Another thing a student athlete get a part time job for pocket change. I have no symphony for some getting everything for free plus pell grants access and could possibly be making more than a head coach in 3-4 years.
That works. But you have to pay top notch prices to top notch players. Like Cam's 200K will become the regular. Also how is it ok for academic scholarship students to hold a job and make money off anything they invent or compose but student athletes can't make money off signing their autograph? Student athletes can only have summer jobs. Football takes up all their time and some of their most important holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas).

LOL you are bitter and jealous over the fact that you have student loan debt and they don't. Don't let your personal bias get in the way of right and wrong. I don't care if the NCAA franchise goes under but it's only right that the athlete gets paid.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

Last edited by blkrptnt819; 08-17-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 03:10 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Small forward #31, the NCAA, and EA sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
Really? Most athlete's have aspirations of playing a sport for a living. The education is for those athlete's that aspire to have regular jobs. But either way they should get paid for having their likeness in the game. You sound bitter and non realistic. Let's make every player one color with 50's across the board if thet don't model after players.
Most division one athletes dream of playing a sport professionally but since the vast majority of them will never even sniff professional sports they should take full advantage of a free college education afforded to them by their athletic scholarship, which for football players at schools like Ohio State is valued at nearly 2 million dollars. http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2...alls-top-25/3/

But if "they", "they" being the division one college athletes which you seem to know so much about, would rather receive money for their "likeness" used in NCAA football rather than an athletic scholarship then so be it. 124 teams, 85 scholarship athletes per team, and there is over 10 thousand active division one college football players right now. NCAA football has been using accurate rosters for about 15 years now so I would say there is well over 100,000 current and former division one football players. The average revenue of NCAA is about 100 million a year and lets say for sake of argument the current and former players are entitled to 10 percent. So by my estimation all current and former players should wait by the mail for their 1,000 dollar a year check. Whoohoo!

You say "pay them" like it's a simple solution that would fix everything but that could not be further from the truth. Paying division one football players would kill college athletics at the vast majority of schools throughout the country. Not just football but all sports. The solution here is to make a game and have a completely random roster but unfortunately it appears that it may be to late to save the game.

Last edited by Peter_nincompoop55; 08-17-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #27
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_nincompoop55
Most division one athletes dream of playing a sport professionally but since the vast majority of them will never even sniff professional sports they should take full advantage of a free college education afforded to them by their athletic scholarship, which for football players at schools like Ohio State is valued at nearly 2 million dollars. http://www.forbes.com/sites/prishe/2...alls-top-25/3/

But if "they", "they" being the division one college athletes which you seem to know so much about, would rather receive money for their "likeness" used in NCAA football rather than an athletic scholarship then so be it. 124 teams, 85 scholarship athletes per team, and there is over 10 thousand active division one college football players right now. NCAA football has been using accurate rosters for about 15 years now so I would say there is well over 100,000 current and former division one football players. The average revenue of NCAA is about 100 million and lets say for sake of argument the current and former players are entitled to 10 percent a year. So by my estimation all current and former players should wait by the mail for their 1,000 dollar a year check. Whoohoo!
And it belongs to them so they should get it. It sounds like you are mad because this series is about to go under, so be it. The players need to be compensated for use of their likeness. Just like you should be compensated if your likeness was used.

Old 08-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #28
Pro

Mazarati 2012's Arena

OVR: 3

I wish they would look at the fact that a majority of college athletes enjoy having there likeness in these games. It's just that some didn't have a enough talent to be successful in sports on a professional level to make any money out of it (Ed, Sam, Etc). They probably enjoyed playing the games themselves when they were in college and now they want to ruin it for everyone else. What a shame.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #29
Banned

Quote:
That works. But you have to pay top notch prices to top notch players. Like Cam's 200K will become the regular. Also how is it ok for academic scholarship students to hold a job and make money off anything they invent or compose but student athletes can't make money off signing their autograph? Student athletes can only have summer jobs. Football takes up all their time and some of their most important holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas).

LOL you are bitter and jealous over the fact that you have student loan debt and they don't. Don't let your personal bias get in the way of right and wrong. I don't care if the NCAA franchise goes under but it's only right that the athlete gets paid.
Haha, you really have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #30
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_nincompoop55
Haha, you really have no idea what you are talking about.
Oh really? What part?

Old 08-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #31
Banned

Quote:
And it belongs to them so they should get it. It sounds like you are mad because this series is about to go under, so be it. The players need to be compensated for use of their likeness. Just like you should be compensated if your likeness was used.
You do realize that college athletes sign over the right to their likeness when they sign their athletic scholarship right? It's all there in black and white and NOBODY forces them to sign it. Haha, and what is with this "bitter" thing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #32
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazarati 2012
I wish they would look at the fact that a majority of college athletes enjoy having there likeness in these games. It's just that some didn't have a enough talent to be successful in sports on a professional level to make any money out of it (Ed, Sam, Etc). They probably enjoyed playing the games themselves when they were in college and now they want to ruin it for everyone else. What a shame.
Give the players a third of the profits and spread that around to all the teams included in the game. Case closed, everyone happy and they can keep making the game.

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »