Home

Brendan's Conference Realignment Guide

This is a discussion on Brendan's Conference Realignment Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2015, 12:37 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Brendan's Conference Realignment Guide

Awesome guide, great work
Old 06-10-2015, 02:35 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

Out of curiosity why turn off protected rivals for SEC? Doesn't this kill the Auburn-UGA yearly game or Tennessee-Bama, etc?
Old 06-16-2015, 07:27 PM   #11
Rookie

If you leave it on there are 8 conference games, if you leave it off then you will jump to 9 conference games. Not sure if the rotation will eventually leave out the SEC rivalry games like that one but before my dynasty got corrupted going into year 3 with Auburn, I played Georgia both seasons with the protected rivals off and that is their "rival" from the EAST.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2015, 02:59 PM   #12
Rookie

Has anyone ever messed with aligning conferences based strictly on geography? Would this help elevate some of the terrible teams or would it keep them terrible? I had a dynasty set up like this but haven't gotten deep into it at all. I would like to set one up with this year's rosters just to play around with it. Any and all thoughts/input welcome!
Old 07-17-2015, 04:52 PM   #13
Pro

Tbow15UFgators's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilz1077
Has anyone ever messed with aligning conferences based strictly on geography? Would this help elevate some of the terrible teams or would it keep them terrible? I had a dynasty set up like this but haven't gotten deep into it at all. I would like to set one up with this year's rosters just to play around with it. Any and all thoughts/input welcome!

Could you give an example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Orlando Magic
San Antonio Spurs
Boston RedSox
San Francisco Giants
Atlanta Braves
Manchester United
Old 07-17-2015, 05:18 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbow15UFgators

I'm trying to remember what I did...

Basically in a line north-to-south:

Think of Pac 12 as the western-most schools including Hawaii. Move east and put those in the MWC, move further east and put those in the Big 12. Then I think starting at the southern-most texas schools and going east along the southern border, i put those in the Sun Belt. MAC and Big 10 were almost unchanged, but all in the MN, WI, MI, IL OH area. ACC was basically the schools on or near the actual Atlantic Coast (I think I moved Rutgers there, as an example). For conference USA, imagine if there was an area in the US called the MidEAST, and SEC was all, literally, in the SOUTHEAST.

It made all conferences a mix of powerhouse schools, "mid-majors," and the absolute bottom-rung. This is from memory without looking, I'm not even certain I still have this dynasty saved. I may have also imported a handful of FCS teams from Teambuilder and replaced the likes of UAB, Idaho, etc.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:20 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbow15UFgators

Zero true "Power Conferences."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2015, 06:03 PM   #16
Pro

Tbow15UFgators's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilz1077
I'm trying to remember what I did...

Basically in a line north-to-south:

Think of Pac 12 as the western-most schools including Hawaii. Move east and put those in the MWC, move further east and put those in the Big 12. Then I think starting at the southern-most texas schools and going east along the southern border, i put those in the Sun Belt. MAC and Big 10 were almost unchanged, but all in the MN, WI, MI, IL OH area. ACC was basically the schools on or near the actual Atlantic Coast (I think I moved Rutgers there, as an example). For conference USA, imagine if there was an area in the US called the MidEAST, and SEC was all, literally, in the SOUTHEAST.

It made all conferences a mix of powerhouse schools, "mid-majors," and the absolute bottom-rung. This is from memory without looking, I'm not even certain I still have this dynasty saved. I may have also imported a handful of FCS teams from Teambuilder and replaced the likes of UAB, Idaho, etc.

This looks like fun. I think for me the SEc would have the southern states. MO, TX, Ky, VA, Fl, Ga, Ms, La, Al and NC and Sc.

Orlando Magic
San Antonio Spurs
Boston RedSox
San Francisco Giants
Atlanta Braves
Manchester United

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »