Home

Brendan's Conference Realignment Guide

This is a discussion on Brendan's Conference Realignment Guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2021, 07:40 PM   #193
Rookie

steelersd26's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Brendan's Conference Realignment Guide

Hey Brendan, how would you set up protected rivals in a Big XII with this division alignment?

East: Cincy-Houston-ISU-Kansas-UCF-WVU

West: Baylor-BYU-Kansas State-OSU-TCU-Texas Tech

Kansas-Kansas State is a no-brainer, but I'm curious how you'd set it up for the remaining teams.
NBA: New York Knicks
NCAA: Tennessee Volunteers

Twitch:
http://www.twitch.tv/steelersd26

Follow my NCAA Football 22 Dynasty Here!
Old 09-08-2021, 12:28 PM   #194
Pro

bwburke94's Arena

OVR: 4

I'd just omit the protected rivals entirely to keep the conference at nine games. Kansas State swaps with Houston to keep them in the same division as Kansas.
Old 09-11-2021, 10:30 PM   #195
Banned

Re: Brendan's Conference Realignment Guide (Updated for 2020 + OU/Texas to SEC)

Time to add BYU, Houston, UCF, and Cincinnati to Big12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94
This is a guide for realistic conference alignments, as close to real life as possible given the limitations of NCAA 12-14.

The intent of this guide is for each conference to play the correct number of conference games, even if it requires the "protected rivals" setting to be changed.

If a conference expands to 12+ members and a championship game location is not listed, you should ideally set it to be played at home field.

Special Note on Pending SEC Realignment
At the time of this edit, the SEC's alignment after Texas and Oklahoma join is unknown, as is the year the move will take place.

Special Note on Season 1 Setup
Do NOT enter the realignment screen in season 1 if you did not add TeamBuilder teams and do not intend to realign your first year! This will force the schedule to regenerate, as the game believes you realigned even if you really didn't.

Note for Users of the Dynasty Editor (NCAA 14 only)
Spoiler

Convert to 2020 Conference Alignment (NCAA 12)
Spoiler

Convert to 2020 Conference Alignment (NCAA 13)
Spoiler

Convert to 2020 Conference Alignment (NCAA 14) - This is the one most of you want.
Spoiler

Year-by-year: 2012 (NCAA 12)
Spoiler

Year-by-year: 2013 (NCAA 12)
Spoiler

Year-by-year: 2013 (NCAA 13)
Spoiler

Year-by-year: 2014
Spoiler

Year-by-year: 2015
Spoiler

Year-by-year: 2016
Spoiler

Year-by-year: 2017
Spoiler

Year-by-year: 2018
Spoiler

Year-by-year: 2020
Spoiler

Year-by-year: 2020 (COVID-19 changes)
These changes should be undone in 2021.
Spoiler

Year-by-year: Some year between 2022-25
Spoiler

Protected Rivals in the American (with UConn)
Spoiler

Protected Rivals in the Big Ten
Spoiler

Protected Rivals in C-USA (NCAA 13/14)
Spoiler

Protected Rivals in the MAC
Spoiler

Protected Rivals in the Mountain West
Spoiler

Various Oddball Realignments Within a Conference
Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2021, 09:50 PM   #196
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2

Is there any way to have less than a 9-game conference schedule in the SEC or any large conference WITHOUT having to remove protected rivalries or using the dynasty editor? It seems like no matter what I'm forced to play 9 conference games for some reason. I don't get it.
Old 10-11-2021, 12:09 AM   #197
Rookie

steelersd26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landonio
Is there any way to have less than a 9-game conference schedule in the SEC or any large conference WITHOUT having to remove protected rivalries or using the dynasty editor? It seems like no matter what I'm forced to play 9 conference games for some reason. I don't get it.

Unfortunately not. I’ve learned to just accept playing a 9 game conference schedule because I see that as a much better alternative to losing the Third Saturday in October every year.

Twitch:

Old 10-15-2021, 08:06 PM   #198
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersd26
Unfortunately not. I’ve learned to just accept playing a 9 game conference schedule because I see that as a much better alternative to losing the Third Saturday in October every year.
Damn, does that game really turn into a rotational? That's REALLY dumb and unfortunate. SEC has never played a 9-game conference schedule. So why would they force you to play one in the game? Makes no sense. Idk what EA was thinking with that one.
Old 10-17-2021, 09:13 PM   #199
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landonio
I believe the Mountain West has a 8 game conference schedule with no protected rivals. A team from one division will play three teams from another division two years in a row alternating home and away games. The following two years they will play the other three teams from the other division in the same fashion.

If you play a team from the Pacific 12 you can set your conference to start your conference games to began at week 5 which will give you only 8 games in conference but you will end up with a messed up schedule where you may play 5 home games in a row then play 6 road games in a row.
Old 10-18-2021, 01:40 AM   #200
Rookie

steelersd26's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado_Kid
I believe the Mountain West has a 8 game conference schedule with no protected rivals. A team from one division will play three teams from another division two years in a row alternating home and away games. The following two years they will play the other three teams from the other division in the same fashion.

If you play a team from the Pacific 12 you can set your conference to start your conference games to began at week 5 which will give you only 8 games in conference but you will end up with a messed up schedule where you may play 5 home games in a row then play 6 road games in a row.
For 12 team conferences, protected rivals on will result in an 8 game schedule and turning it off results in a 9 game schedule.

For 14 team conferences like the SEC and ACC, protected rivals on results in a 9 game schedule. You have to make a choice between 8 game conference schedule or keeping the annual cross-division game in these two conferences.

Twitch:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »