Home

Scrambling QB's

This is a discussion on Scrambling QB's within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Scrambling QB's

What trigger's QB to scramble, his awareness, his carry, or overall running ability. I play CPU v CPU mode or coach mode and my QB gets 19 to 25 carries a game when my RB's only get 6 to 9 carries a game. I want my running back to be the primary runner not my QB. Any one got a fix??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2013, 09:37 PM   #2
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Scrambling QB's

It's determined by his tendency. Pocket passers rarely scramble. Balanced guys will do it from time to time. Scramblers will take off at the drop of a hat.

If you want your CPU controlled guys to stop scrambling you'll need to edit them so they aren't scramblers (or possibly even balanced guys) but that seems dumb to me. You can play around the player editor to see how to change a guy's tendency. In basic terms, better arms lean towards pocket passing. Faster guys/better rushing abilities lean towards scramblers.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
It's determined by his tendency. Pocket passers rarely scramble. Balanced guys will do it from time to time. Scramblers will take off at the drop of a hat.

If you want your CPU controlled guys to stop scrambling you'll need to edit them so they aren't scramblers (or possibly even balanced guys) but that seems dumb to me. You can play around the player editor to see how to change a guy's tendency. In basic terms, better arms lean towards pocket passing. Faster guys/better rushing abilities lean towards scramblers.

I wish there was a different way. I like scrambling qb's, but I don't want them to carry the load.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #4
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Country
What trigger's QB to scramble, his awareness, his carry, or overall running ability. I play CPU v CPU mode or coach mode and my QB gets 19 to 25 carries a game when my RB's only get 6 to 9 carries a game. I want my running back to be the primary runner not my QB. Any one got a fix??
It is his ball carrier vision rating actually. If you do not want your QB to take off running all the time, you need to lower his ball carrier vision.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 08-20-2013, 11:28 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
It is his ball carrier vision rating actually. If you do not want your QB to take off running all the time, you need to lower his ball carrier vision.
Cool thanks, I just figured out play book has a lot to do with it. I used Ohio States spread playbook and created my own mainly with I formations. My QB would take off and run on most passing plays. I then created a pro style playbook and the QB stood in the pocket most of the time. My RB also had 18 carries before the half, which I was glad to see. Again this is CPU v CPU mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »