Home

Couple questions for Coach Mode players

This is a discussion on Couple questions for Coach Mode players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Rookie

BBlom13's Arena

OVR: 3
Couple questions for Coach Mode players

I am 7 weeks into my coach mode Dynasty with NIU, and I just have a few questions.

- Does the QB always play like one of the best?

-Right now Lynch is throwing a NCAA-leading 73% averaging 267.5 YPG (3rd in the NCAA)
- He's also been sacked the most in the NCAA at 32 (2nd has 25)
- He's 2nd in the NCAA in passing yards with 1605. He's 130-178 with his passes

- Will you always have players leading the league in tackles and sacks?
- I have the #1 and #2 tacklers with 41 & 38 tackles.
- Also have the leading sacker with 10.

- Will you always be a top team in rush defense?
- Right now I'm 8th only allowing 112.2 a game.

-- Also we have a lot fewer total penalties than any other team.

I guess my overall question is on coach mode does it seem to cheat for you, or better your players?

I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

- thanks

Follow my Twitter! @thatBeebo

PSN- WindyCityFlyerr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Couple questions for Coach Mode players

If your QB is completing to many passes adjust the sliders, but you are using NIU, not a real tough conference. The sacks can have a lot to do with if your QB is a pocket passer or scrambler. If he stands in the pocket he will take some sacks.

You won't always lead in tackles either, at least in my experience. I lead the nation the first year, but now in year two I'm not even close. As in sacks, who knows, again not a tough conference. Your defense is good against the rush, again not a tough conference.

For me there is no cheating as you put it for me. I went 6-6 the first season and didn't get a bowl game. So far in the second season I think i'm 4-0, but have not started conference schedule yet. Things will change there for me just like the first season.
Old 08-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #3
Rookie

BBlom13's Arena

Thanks for the reply!

That makes me feel better about it. I'll stick it out and see how/if things change. Could just be a great year so far. lol

PSN- WindyCityFlyerr
Old 08-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 12

PLAYABLE BROADCAST CAM PLEASE NOW THAT ALL I ASK PLAYABLE BROADCAST CAM PLEASE NOW THAT ALL I ASK PLAYABLE BROADCAST CAM PLEASE NOW THAT ALL I ASK PLAYABLE BROADCAST CAM PLEASE NOW THAT ALL I ASK PLAYABLE BROADCAST CAM PLEASE NOW THAT ALL I ASK PLAYABLE BROADCAST CAM PLEASE NOW THAT ALL I ASK PLAYABLE BROADCAST CAM PLEASE NOW THAT ALL I ASK PLAYABLE BROADCAST CAM PLEASE NOW THAT ALL I ASK
Old 08-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #5
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

OVR: 0

I've found that there's a huge difference between simulating a game and watching the computer play it. When you simulate a game, the stats it generates are very realistic. However, when the computer controls players, both in coach mode and against users, it takes advantage of the sketchy physics and rules implemented by Infinity 2. For instance, unless a user forces an interception and kills a QB's momentum, you can expect every AI-controlled QB to put up 75% completion rates, or higher. And on the flip side of that, if you user-control a DB and play good coverage on the targeted receiver, the AI's QB will make the read to not throw the ball, but often won't pick another target. So he sits in the pocket, or scrambles to the right (almost never to the left), and the DE on that side will usually come up with the sack. In my 1* OD, first season, the top 10 tacklers and top 8 sackers are all on user-controlled teams, beating the likes of Clowney.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
Rookie

BBlom13's Arena

So it would just be better to sim through the games instead of watching them? I've thought about doing that too.

PSN- WindyCityFlyerr
Old 08-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBlom13
I am 7 weeks into my coach mode Dynasty with NIU, and I just have a few questions.

- Does the QB always play like one of the best?

-Right now Lynch is throwing a NCAA-leading 73% averaging 267.5 YPG (3rd in the NCAA)
- He's also been sacked the most in the NCAA at 32 (2nd has 25)
- He's 2nd in the NCAA in passing yards with 1605. He's 130-178 with his passes

- Will you always have players leading the league in tackles and sacks?
- I have the #1 and #2 tacklers with 41 & 38 tackles.
- Also have the leading sacker with 10.

- Will you always be a top team in rush defense?
- Right now I'm 8th only allowing 112.2 a game.

-- Also we have a lot fewer total penalties than any other team.

I guess my overall question is on coach mode does it seem to cheat for you, or better your players?

I would appreciate any thoughts on this.

- thanks
When I used default sliders on All-American, I was getting the same results with QBs making a high percentage of passes and my defense being among the best in the nation, even coaching a lowly school like Buffalo or FAU.

I am using the sliders at the bottom of the 1st post on this thread and getting realistic stats. Give these a try:

[Sorry, for some reason this board will not allow me to link to another thread. It's under the NCAA Football Sliders forum, and called "A methodical approach to understanding sliders." by ZaPPPa.]

Last edited by BungerHenry; 08-24-2013 at 02:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »