Home

Losing OC/DC in offseason

This is a discussion on Losing OC/DC in offseason within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Losing OC/DC in offseason

I'm playing with Rutgers (99 offense/90 defense) with Jarrods Red Sliders. I won the National Title in my 3rd year (going undefeated with only 1 game within a TD) and the following offseason I lose both my OC and DC. The DC was replaced by a similarly skilled new guy, but the OC was replaced by someone with no skill points at all. Now all of a sudden I am having a hard time playing average teams. Is there any way of avoiding such a drop in skill points?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Losing OC/DC in offseason

If you quit winning bowl games and national championships, your OC/DC won't look as good. The best idea is to stay around 5-7 or 6-6 on the year and don't even qualify for a bowl.

Seriously though, no. It's annoying, but in real-world football, coordinators leave for other jobs all the time. You're lucky you got at least one with some points. I've read other people get lvl 1 OC/DC's year after year.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefrog
If you quit winning bowl games and national championships, your OC/DC won't look as good. The best idea is to stay around 5-7 or 6-6 on the year and don't even qualify for a bowl.

Seriously though, no. It's annoying, but in real-world football, coordinators leave for other jobs all the time. You're lucky you got at least one with some points. I've read other people get lvl 1 OC/DC's year after year.
Funny, but in all seriousness its not completely realistic.

The scenarios that have happened to me and I lost my OC and DC two years in a row, is that they aren't replaced with people of similar quality.

What's worse is when they added a level 16 DC that didn't have any points. It took 8000 points to get his first skill point.

I dont mind starting with a 1 OC or DC again, but don't start me off with something that should be a prestigious coach and him not be.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
Rookie

Peacefrog's Arena

OVR: 0

There should be some way to control your coordinators, for sure. Even if it's spending off-season recruiting points to convince your coordinators to stay on another year.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Maybe next year.

Or a way of actually recruiting your own OC/DC would be cool.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #6
Rookie

TomSellecksMustache's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefrog
There should be some way to control your coordinators, for sure. Even if it's spending off-season recruiting points to convince your coordinators to stay on another year.

it would be awesome to have control over this. you can convince them to stay and if they do leave you get to pick who to offer

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »