Home

Using mass subs in dynasty

This is a discussion on Using mass subs in dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2013, 06:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Using mass subs in dynasty

In a Dynasty season, if I give my backups playing time by using mass substitutions, the one obvious benefit is that it makes it less likely that a starter will get a season-ending injury. But does the game experience also help to improve the ratings of some of the backup players over time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2013, 07:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Using mass subs in dynasty

From experience in the game in previous years, I'd say yes but it is generally small amounts of improvement is what I have noticed.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:34 PM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

At the very least it lets you see how these other players play. Like finding out how good your backup QB really is. Most likely some of those players will be starters next year. I know I found out my 3rd string HB was better then my backup and my starter. I put him in the starting lineup and he ended up having a good season.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
Flyin' High

Birdman18's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
At the very least it lets you see how these other players play. Like finding out how good your backup QB really is. Most likely some of those players will be starters next year. I know I found out my 3rd string HB was better then my backup and my starter. I put him in the starting lineup and he ended up having a good season.

I try to keep things as real as possible, so playing time for backups especially at the skill positions is a must. I've always believed in getting those guys PT to enhance their improvements year over year
Old 08-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

It does help their ratings a bit every year but it also helps get your highly recuited freshman playing time who might be sitting behind a senior and helps avoid guys transfering out due to playing time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2013, 01:56 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I put in my backups if by the middle of the 3rd or 4th Quarter I'm way ahead.
Getting some good plays in and getting a +1 Awareness rating to a few players
and some other ratings is actually pretty big in the overall scheme of things.

And like another commenter stated, sometimes you find a gem in the rough. For UF, I prefer Mack Brown over Kelvin Taylor for 2nd String HB.
If I hadn't fiddled around with mass subs and such, I might never have given him his opportunity to get 5 minutes of play time and 30 yards a game.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #7
Pro

speedtrucker's Arena

OVR: 4

as stated it helps to get the backups that +1 in awareness.

I have actually done formation subs in both of my ODs because I have pretty solid backups at RB and QB. I also do this to have the quick ability to bring up "sweeping" changes quickly should I see a bunch of players showing high levels of fatigue.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

In my online dynasty, I accomplish "mass substitutions" by using the "auto-subs" under "strategy".

Under "Auto-Subs" I changed my "sub-in" and "sub-out" for my RB's, WR's, TE/FB's, and D-Line. I changed them all to "sub-out" @ 90 and "sub-in" @ 95.

Doing this, my starters became too tired midway through the third and my back-ups played from mid 3rd to mid 4th when my 3rd stringers came into the game. The only problem with this is that once I reached the mid 3rd my starters never came back into the game.

When I get home from work this evening, I plan on changing my settings to "sub-out" @ 89 and "Sub-in" @ 90 so my starters will play a little bit deeper into the game and then my 2nd teamers can play longer in mop up duty.

I also plan on going back and doing a formation sub for one of my ace formation sets to have all my starters manually subbed into that formation so that I can pick this formation to have my starters in the game once my auto-sub threshold has been reached.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »