Home

I am absolutely FED UP w/ EA SPORTS selling the PS3 short

This is a discussion on I am absolutely FED UP w/ EA SPORTS selling the PS3 short within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2013, 07:18 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I am absolutely FED UP w/ EA SPORTS selling the PS3 short

"One of the big differences from what I understand is that the PS3 can only use half of its RAM for gaming while the 360 can use all of it. That has to be huge. Space on the disk doesn't compare in terms of performance. 8 GB RAM for next gen will be a huge help." - herropreese

The PS3's ram is super fast (Rambus XDR DRAM), super expensive compared to the 360. There is less of it, but it makes up for it in speed in spades. 256 is used for graphics while the other is used for the game itself. If programmed right, the PS3 easily out performs the 360. But EA never really invested into the PS3 beyond being able to transfer their code from the 360 and having it work with minor revisions.

The original poster's point is off however. The slow down problem happens on the 360 too, from what I have read.

To avoid it, do not look at the stats during the game. I believe that is where its coming from, unless its just happenstance for me.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:45 AM   #18
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Slowdown on 360 seems to happen as well, like posted above me. It's anytime I pause the game, as crazy as it sounds. Pausing the game to check a replay, look at stats, whatever, seems to mess something up

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:25 AM   #19
Rookie

MWit28725's Arena

OVR: 5

I just wish they would fix the graphics on PS3. They're not even close to being as clear as they are on 360. They looked great up until last year. Now there is definitely a noticeable difference.
Old 08-27-2013, 10:58 AM   #20
Rookie

at least you have custom stadium sounds...
Old 08-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #21
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyebaggins4
at least you have custom stadium sounds...
I LOVE my custom stadium sounds for my 360. I've got a ton of them and that add SOOOOOO much to the game.

However, with as much as I HATE not being able to use them this year (I can't handle the silent pause before each sound) I would take their loss every day of the week and twice on Sundays over having to deal with the multitude of PS3 specific bugs this year, most of which are worse than me having to ditch my stadium sounds that I've spent years accumulating.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #22
Rookie

LastExit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I LOVE my custom stadium sounds for my 360. I've got a ton of them and that add SOOOOOO much to the game.

However, with as much as I HATE not being able to use them this year (I can't handle the silent pause before each sound) I would take their loss every day of the week and twice on Sundays over having to deal with the multitude of PS3 specific bugs this year, most of which are worse than me having to ditch my stadium sounds that I've spent years accumulating.
Sorry to hear that. Post-patch the PS3 version now has those silent pauses when you are running no-huddle....happens right before the play menu pops up.
Old 08-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #23
Pro

Mazarati 2012's Arena

OVR: 3

Neither one of these game consoles are perfect when it comes to NCAA 14. Each has something better or worse than the other.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »