Home

What is your pass defense ranking???

This is a discussion on What is your pass defense ranking??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #41
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: What is your pass defense ranking???

Using SIM on defense is a real issue for me. It doesn't matter what my players are rated on defense as this happens to me even if my defense is rated 99 overall. They can't stop anybody through the air. It doesn't matter what team I use I end up with the #1 run defense in the country and a pass defense ranked in the 100s.

Score a touchdown to take a lead with 40 seconds left? No problem. When I supersim the CPU will march 85 yards in 20 seconds to the game winning touchdown using 0 timeouts.

I've started taking knees at the 1 yard line to run the clock down to a few seconds and then hoping I can punch it in for the win instead up leaving it up to my 99 overall defense.

am I the only person that has this problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #42
Rookie

VoltronViking's Arena

OVR: 2

Like someone posted, make Dpi 0 and Opi 0. You'll see a more agressive db play. My DBs are doin much better now

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #43
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
Using SIM on defense is a real issue for me. It doesn't matter what my players are rated on defense as this happens to me even if my defense is rated 99 overall. They can't stop anybody through the air. It doesn't matter what team I use I end up with the #1 run defense in the country and a pass defense ranked in the 100s.

Score a touchdown to take a lead with 40 seconds left? No problem. When I supersim the CPU will march 85 yards in 20 seconds to the game winning touchdown using 0 timeouts.

I've started taking knees at the 1 yard line to run the clock down to a few seconds and then hoping I can punch it in for the win instead up leaving it up to my 99 overall defense.

am I the only person that has this problem?
100% agreed.

If you supersim, you'll end the year with the number 1 run defense and an awful pass defense.
Old 09-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #44
MVP

OVR: 38

One of the problems with this is the sim stats are off, teams get too many rushing yards.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:13 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazarati 2012
That's not the case for me. I don't mind struggling against ranked teams. But when those generic FCS teams have 300 yards passing against my defense then it's pretty bad. I'm not best player of this game but I'm also not a scrub either.
One thing I've noticed is that playing FCS teams or the lower level FBS teams leads to bigger leads which leads to near constant passing by the CPU. I actually don't give up nearly as many yards to the better teams because the games are typically closer. I just finished a game against UMass and gave up 294 through the air. But their QB attempted 52 passes. The yards are going to come no matter what if the opposing team gets behind and completely abandons the running game. Ratings aside, the CPU will get its passing yards no matter what if it has enough attempts. Just the way the game plays this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 08:27 PM   #46
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltronViking
Like someone posted, make Dpi 0 and Opi 0. You'll see a more agressive db play. My DBs are doin much better now

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2
Does this help if you only sim on d?
Old 09-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #47
Rookie

Wade County's Arena

OVR: 0

First year at Oregon when I was the Offensive Coordinator it was 4th in Rushing and 49th Pass Defense.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #48
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I just finished my 3rd year, 1st as an HC. I have been using Charters AA set as my base. I have pass coverage at 100, int at 60, dpi/opi at default 50. I have also edited the coaches sliders as suggested by several in the slider section. I have found this to really help.

I finished last season rank 67th. I'm the HC at Colorado. I started a true freshman, senior, junior(rs), and sophomore(rs) in my defensive back field. Playing against so many teams that run the spread cause me to give up yards at times but I had games where I held the CPU to less then 150yds passing.

I think the key to better pass defense has more to do with the game play slider and coaches slider sets then anything else. On my current setting I turned DPI/OPI to 0 and 100 but didn't see any change. I mess with the coaches sliders and I see DBs laying back playing a more soft coverage verse getting up on a receiver.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »