Home

Please help...I can't play NCAA 14- it freezes in nearly the same spot as NCAA 12

This is a discussion on Please help...I can't play NCAA 14- it freezes in nearly the same spot as NCAA 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Please help...I can't play NCAA 14- it freezes in nearly the same spot as NCAA 12

I play strictly offline Dynasty. I skipped NCAA 13 and kept playing NCAA 12 until I couldn't anymore. After a lay off of several months, I tried to play my dynasty again but the game locked up every single time in the exact same spot. I started this thread looking for help, but none was to be found. I even bought a used copy to see if it was the disc and it did the same thing.

Flash forward to this weekend. After getting NCAA 14 in the mail, I spent close to 6 hours researching and creating real players to put into the recruiting pool, going through the pre-season and setting up my Dynasty. Finally, I was ready to play a game. I control Tulsa in my Dynasty and the first game was against Bowling Green. After Rece Davis said "We're live from Bowling Green, Ohio as we prepare for what should be a great game" the game locked up. After staring blankly at the screen for 5 minutes holding back the urge to smash something, I went into the saved game utility and deleted out every old NCAA file thinking something was corrupting the game. After reloading, the game again froze in the exact same location.

Now I'm doing a complete format of the HD, which is going to take 7 hours. If this doesn't solve the problem, I'll have no other choice but to sell this game, as it's the only game that gives me this kind of trouble. I've recently played Madden 12, The Lord of the Rings Lego, The Last of Us, and Tomb Raider with no issue at all.

Has anyone else had this problem or know of anyone who has? If this format doesn't work, I'm screwed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 10:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Please help...I can't play NCAA 14- it freezes in nearly the same spot as NCAA 12

For the record, I've tried 4 Dynasties. Two with created players, and two without. The Dynasties with the created players locked up and the 2 without worked perfectly.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #3
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Please help...I can't play NCAA 14- it freezes in nearly the same spot as NCAA 12

I guess you will just have to play without created players. First time I have heard of that happening with the created players though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »