Home

New introductions bad

This is a discussion on New introductions bad within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #17
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: New introductions bad

What's even more sad is they didn't even do the "highlight" video correctly. I Lost count how many times they showed my HB or OL being behind center calling an audible.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #18
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I love watching all the team entrances on Saturdays (it's one of my favorite parts of gameday), but in my opinion, they were really long and boring in the game. Dead air, bad crowd audio, the exact same shots every time, only having 8-11 guys running out of the tunnel ... it was just a chore to sit through after the first viewing.

Only reason I watched my team's intro is because I put together my own Team Intro Custom Stadium Sound complete with authentic music and crowd noise. And even then, I found myself skipping the intro a decent amount of the time.

I don't think they hit a home run or anything with the highlight videos, but I probably prefer them. At least they're somewhat exciting. EA REALLY made a miss step though by not coming out of the highlight video to the home team taking the field. That wide-shot of the stadium that they come out to, keep that exact same shot, just show the home team running out of the tunnel onto the field. With it being a wide-shot, there wouldn't be the need for a high-level of detail, so they probably could have had a lot more guys running out of the tunnel than they could in year's past. Maybe they could have made it look like an actual football team taking the field, instead of the Sigma Ki intramural flag football team.

It would have solved the boring pregame presentation, and still captured that explosion of excitement when the team takes the field all at the same time.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OReilly10
this is one of my strongest dislikes for this game.
The pregame is strikingly bad and has devolved.

I also really hate how they show live action from the game that hasnt happened yet.
You are so right about this. Why show highlights that have not happen? It would make sense to show previous year if it is a rival game or not show highlights at all.
MLB:New York Mets
NFL:San Francisco 49ers
Old 08-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

Also, the online games don't feel right to me with out post game analyst even thought it's was the same shot every time. My online games still seem to be around 1hour so not including the intro and outdo did not not change the duration of the game.
MLB:New York Mets
NFL:San Francisco 49ers
Old 08-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #21
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsontideuA
My online games still seem to be around 1hour so not including the intro and outdo did not not change the duration of the game.
I can't find the clip, but I recall an interview with Haumiller where he said one of the biggest complaints from players was that games took too long to play. But aside from butchering the intro, nothing else has been streamlined. In fact I think the pace of the game is even slower than ever.

Starting with '13, I noticed that if you press the button post play to by-pass the cut-scene or replay, there is a 2-3 second delay to get to the play screen (in '12 it was immediate). Doesn't sound like much, but it does hurt the pace, and over the course of a game, it does add up. (Although I haven't seen anyone else complain about this, so I may be the only one it bothers??).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #22
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I would be surprised if there are many people who by-passed the '12 or '13 entrances, but actually watch the '14 intros.
I actually fall into this category. I watched intros for new teams last year (even though they could be LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG) but I rarely watched any more than once because they were always the exact same.

While I don't like the new intros at all (I think it's re-tarded to show highlights of a game that hasn't happened, I don't like any of the music, and I hate how many out of position guys there are) I usually watch them since they're at least different. You can get different slogans. It can also change whether its a rivalry game or a top 25 matchup and stuff like that.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I guess EA didn't listen to why people didn't like the intros.

The dead air (no commentary), lack of broadcast style (no stat overlays or anything else re: the game to be displayed while this intro is going on), and repetition (instead of the same intro every time, how about a real time camera that produces a different version of the intro so that no two intros are exactly the same) having something to do with it.

I just don't get the direction of EA football games.
There has never been a true direction. Each year, effort is put forth on some fleeting interest only to be completely abandoned the next installment.

It also seems that the folks on NCAA team jump on eliminating features/presentation instead of keeping/improving. Why? People like that stuff. Just look how ESPN has been handled - Complete & total access to the brand since 2006, yet it's still pretty weak integration.

And for those who don't like all the presentation and click through it - (and I've mentioned this about every year) how difficult would it really be to simply have a "broadcast type" option for games? You could have one that allows a full version of ESPN broadcast with all the cut scenes/extras, or a simple & streamlined option without the fancy intros/graphics.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #24
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

How hard would it be for EA to get/make a few audio files from schools for the intro? Make it real.

I know for Florida, they could show the exact video from the jumbo tron as the band plays the Gator Chomp at a quickening pace....then the announcer says "The swamp....only Gators get out alive"....the crowd gets louder there....the players come out with the band playing the official song....

I don't feel like it would be that hard. This year's is garbage with the music.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »