Home

How to keep CPU playbooks realistic in Dynasty?

This is a discussion on How to keep CPU playbooks realistic in Dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
How to keep CPU playbooks realistic in Dynasty?

So I'm in year 2 of my Dynasty,week two I head Oregon to play the Ducks and they are using the UCLA playbook offensively. There head coach is the same as in year one,but both coordinators took other jobs in the offseason.
However during the offseason after the coaching carousel I changed their new coordinators playbooks to Oregon's and yet they still don't use it. I did this with all the teams/coaches I wanted to in the offseason so that certain teams would maintain their traditional playbooks,but it seems to have no effect at all.

I re checked all the coaches playbooks and all are showing what I want them to,for example Oregon's new offensive coordinator and even new defensive coordinator and head coach all still show Oregon's playbook from my offseason changes,yet when I go to play them...UCLA's playbook is what they use.

Does anybody know how to correct this? Really kills my immersion in the game.Yes I know that when I play a team in this situation I can manually change their playbook,but what about simmed games during the season. Alabama is now using the Oregon playbook not realistic nor is LSU using Air Raid.Seems like changing the coach/coordinators playbooks should fix it pretty simply,but this is an EA game.

Does this bother anyone else? Anybody know how to fix it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #2
Just started!

Sbarnes1178's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How to keep CPU playbooks realistic in Dynasty?

This bothers me too. Especially since I can't yet determine which playbook is used for the sim games. If I know that they are using the OC's playbook during sim games, doesn't bother me nearly as much.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Teams use the PBs of their head coach, not their coordinators.

I've never seen a team not use their HC's PB on my 360.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Teams use the PBs of their head coach, not their coordinators.

I've never seen a team not use their HC's PB on my 360.
Maybe its a PS3 issue then,because there are several teams in my Dynasty not using their head coaches playbook.
Old 08-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #5
MVP

canesfins's Arena

OVR: 17

This annoys me when I'm 3 years deep in a dynasty and Army is running an air raid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 09:20 PM   #6
Rookie

gatorsinRENO's Arena

OVR: 1

It happens in real life? Georgia Tech ran a pro-style for years under Chan Gailey, then Paul Johnson came along. HE also ran the flex at Hawaii, who went to the Run and sHoot, now pro-style. is this really an issue?
Old 08-28-2013, 09:20 PM   #7
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by canesfins
This annoys me when I'm 3 years deep in a dynasty and Army is running an air raid.
Who says they wouldn't be using an air raid offense? No one thought a BCS team like Georgia Tech would ever be running a triple option offense, but they are because of their coach.

Honestly, playing a dynasty for 20+ years and seeing every team run the same offense for those 20+ years makes the game stagnant. I for one enjoy finding out what teams have switched their offenses every couple of years in my dynasty.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 08-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorsinRENO
It happens in real life? Georgia Tech ran a pro-style for years under Chan Gailey, then Paul Johnson came along. HE also ran the flex at Hawaii, who went to the Run and sHoot, now pro-style. is this really an issue?
Yes it is an issue,well for me anyhow.Yes I know that teams change their playbooks,approaches often in real life.And therefore in my Dynasty I have no problem with many teams changing their playbooks,but I do have a problem when an undefeated National Champion Alabama drastically changes an offense that has just won them a title.Or when teams that are constantly real contenders changing their systems like say an LSU or Oklahoma.Oregon really revolutionized college ball with their offense the last several years,so now in my Dynasty they just decide not to use it.

Not that I like Oregon's offense by the way, I look at it as real life cheesing.

Not a make or break issue with me,but yeah its pretty darn annoying. Especially when changing coach/coordinator playbooks should obviously fix it,but for some reason has no effect.Why should something so simple not work, 2 letters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »