Home

How do YOU spread your time between NCAA and Madden?

This is a discussion on How do YOU spread your time between NCAA and Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3

In an effort to maintain ENTHUSIASM, INTEREST, and FUN so as to avoid boredom in both games I am always looking for the best way, the best process, to approach how often I play either game.

Once I finally get all of my sliders and settings set and ready, I was thinking of playing my NCAA Dynasty schedule alongside my Madden CFM schedule, ala. real life, BUT it certainly feels a little cumbersome to switch back and forth from one game to another.

So, if YOU own both games, how do you approach playing your dynasties and split your time between the two games? DO you play an entire season of one and then switch to the other? Do you merely just play whichever game you're in the mood for? Stick to a true "calendar" when determining which game to play today (ie. when both games' schedules indicate you're in the week of September 8 through 14, 2013, do you play your week's games in NCAA and Madden (as well as taking care of off-field tasks) both before "advancing" to the next calendar week?

Also, how MANY games on your season's schedule(s) do YOU typically play (vs. SIM)? If you do NOT play every game, how do you determine WHICH games you do play and which ones you do SIM? Since I enjoy progressing through the years in my dynasties, the greatest enemy of that is boredom and redundancy; My goal is to maintain interest in continuing my dynasties.

Thoughts, ideas, and related commentary are welcomed. Thanks all!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2013, 06:41 PM   #2
Rookie

Tha_Mac's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How do YOU spread your time between NCAA and Madden?

This is what I'm trying to do now. Between trying to watch college football and the nfl once it get's going and trying to win a super bowl on Madden and continue to put the best college players from NCAA 14 to Madden it's time consuming.

I usually play all of my team's games whether it's NCAA or Madden so that's at least 28-35 games. Luckily I've already played 3 seasons on NCAA so I'll get into my Madden franchise probably this weekend.
Old 09-03-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

It's easy for me, I play NCAA and play about 2 seasons to get two draft classes and then start up Madden and play 2 seasons. Then it's back to NCAA for 1 season and then Madden for 1 season and keeps going like that.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 09-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

All NCAA All Day
Old 09-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #5
Rookie

B Easy's Arena

OVR: 3

One of the two always seemed to get more love from me than the other. In years past I was always an NCAA guy, when I got bored with that, I would just switch over to Madden.

This year however, I did not purchase Madden, and I haven't gotten into NCAA like I thought I would. Madden hasn't been the same for me on this generation, I just don't find it to be rewarding in any way. I'm kind of in no mans land this year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #6
Rookie

tony kant think's Arena

OVR: 5

Typically I play NCAA to death until I can no longer play another college game. Then I'll grab a copy of madden and play it to death. Then switch back and forth till it's hockey season. No game beats the NHL franchise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 09-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

AUChase's Arena

OVR: 35

I don't.

I split time between NCAA and FIFA, with a little NHL.
Old 09-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Back in the PS2 days, I'd run concurrent dynasties with NCAA/Madden. Now, they each live in their own universe. I'm in Week 7 on NCAA; I've yet to start on Madden. I'm not even sure if I'll have import draft classes or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »