Home

Defensive coordinator skill tree

This is a discussion on Defensive coordinator skill tree within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Defensive coordinator skill tree

I've only had time to get to season three of my dynasty, has anybody noticed a difference on defense after they worked their way up the coaching tree? I would hope to hear from the guys that have an advanced defensive coordinator tree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
Rookie

BoltThrower74's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Defensive coordinator skill tree

Maybe it's placebo, but I'd say I've noticed a difference. Especially in the stamina skills. That should be the first thing you max out. You'll be thankful you did, once you start scrapping with the no-huddle teams! Without it, your D will tire after 1 series (if not sooner).
Old 08-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltThrower74
Maybe it's placebo, but I'd say I've noticed a difference. Especially in the stamina skills. That should be the first thing you max out. You'll be thankful you did, once you start scrapping with the no-huddle teams! Without it, your D will tire after 1 series (if not sooner).
Nice thanks man. Have you maxed out the no fly zone and man coverage skill?
Old 08-30-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
Rookie

BoltThrower74's Arena

Yes. And it seems to make a huge difference. But again, it's either it really DOES work, or I've recruited well. For example, my Sophomore SS I recruited has a 99 in ManCVR and 90 in Zone! Or best case, it's both. Same with my Freshman CB. He's a ManCVR of 95 while his Zone is 89. 4 games into Year 4 and he's already got 5 picks. So I dunno, can't say fer sure but if I've given the points anyway, I'm going to use them!

Last edited by BoltThrower74; 08-30-2013 at 02:19 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltThrower74
Yes. And it seems to make a huge difference. But again, it's either it really DOES work, or I've recruited well. For example, my Sophomore SS I recruited has a 99 in ManCVR and 90 in Zone! Or best case, it's both. Same with my Freshman CB. He's a ManCVR of 95 while his Zone is 89. 4 games into Year 4 and he's already got 5 picks. So I dunno, can't say fer sure but if I've given the points anyway, I'm going to use them!
Awesome thanks for the feedback, I always wondered if they shipped the game broken when it came to defense and the skill tree was the remedy. Looking forward to unlocking these.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #6
Rookie

BoltThrower74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr4h4mb0
Awesome thanks for the feedback, I always wondered if they shipped the game broken when it came to defense and the skill tree was the remedy. Looking forward to unlocking these.
You're welcome. Keep in mind, there are those that report having issues with defense. There's actually a whole huge thread on it. For myself, I don't know if I was getting used to the game when it first came out, but for at least the past season I no longer have issues with defense. Could be that I've recruited well and/or my skill tree is boss, or I've simply "settled in" to the game. I only play offline dynasty btw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »