Home

Difficulty Running Ball

This is a discussion on Difficulty Running Ball within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2013, 09:59 AM   #17
Rookie

windycityape's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Difficulty Running Ball

I been doing some different things and I found another strategy. I noticed if I alternate my wideouts from sideline to sideline I can run more efficiently and pass. My last game I recorded 500+ in total offense on Heisman with default settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 09-01-2013, 11:41 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycityape
I been doing some different things and I found another strategy. I noticed if I alternate my wideouts from sideline to sideline I can run more efficiently and pass. My last game I recorded 500+ in total offense on Heisman with default settings.

Just do not snap the ball while the WR is in the middle of the line. That is cheap. Do you run single back mostly?
Old 09-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #19
Rookie

windycityape's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettylittlesmiles
Just do not snap the ball while the WR is in the middle of the line. That is cheap. Do you run single back mostly?
I'm not putting them in motion. I place them using my formations

Old 09-01-2013, 06:56 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
I run smash mouth football. You have to have the right backs, you need power guys and just pound it right in there. You aren't gonna get many 60-70 yard runs. I average around 170 to 180 yards a game like this. For me it took me finding the right playbook before it really started working good.
What playbook?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 4
Old 09-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettylittlesmiles
Yes. 75/86. First HB will come out and 2 HB may stay in for 1-2 series and comes back out. Depends on how much you use your HB. I do not use my HB in the passing game much.
What playbook do you use?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UDM2004
What playbook do you use?

I started with Wisc playbook and edited it. I took out all verts a lot of option plays and added more running plays from I-form
Old 09-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #23
Rookie

Anyone have any tips to tune down the shoe string tackles? I have a decent gauge on running - nothing crazy, as i am pass first, but i can generally run for about 125-150 yds with like a YPC of around 4 or so. But my biggest issue/frustration is this - i recruited a 5* RB that had 96 SP and 97 ACC. After a RS season and then starting yr 2, he is now a RS SO - 92 OV, 98 SP, 99 ACC... and fat, slow DT run me down on a toss 95% of the time... sprint or no sprint. I am trying for realistic stats/gameplay and this is the complete opposite IMO.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabamafan
Anyone have any tips to tune down the shoe string tackles? I have a decent gauge on running - nothing crazy, as i am pass first, but i can generally run for about 125-150 yds with like a YPC of around 4 or so. But my biggest issue/frustration is this - i recruited a 5* RB that had 96 SP and 97 ACC. After a RS season and then starting yr 2, he is now a RS SO - 92 OV, 98 SP, 99 ACC... and fat, slow DT run me down on a toss 95% of the time... sprint or no sprint. I am trying for realistic stats/gameplay and this is the complete opposite IMO.
My threshold is at 25. What is your Threshold at? Also you need to learn to anticipate the dive tackle. As soon as you feel it coming on you need to make a hard cut. I do not save replays, but I have some pretty nasty replays of my HB running and defenders diving for his feet as he cuts left and right avoiding them all the way to the promise land. Next game watch how far the defender is before they make the dive. Every time you see them about that distance from you get ready to make a cut. Should avoid a lot of tackles that way.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »