Home

Recruiting difficulty tied to gameplay difficulty?

This is a discussion on Recruiting difficulty tied to gameplay difficulty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Recruiting difficulty tied to gameplay difficulty?

I've read some posts that seek to explore the underlying difficulty of recruiting in NCAA14 now that an actual recruiting difficulty setting has been removed.

Two arguments arise.

1) That recruiting is a baseline difficulty that doesn't change and is affected by coach skills and abilities (so therefore if you select coach progression as 'slow' your recruiting will be more difficult because it takes you longer to unlock the recruiting skill tree).

2) That recruiting difficulty is tied to gameplay difficulty. So if you play games on Heisman you'll have tough recruiting, whereas varsity will be a little easier. And in this case coaching skills either make you competitive (Heisman) or unstoppable (varsity).

So, what do people think? What have people experienced? And have the game developers even addressed this and I've totally missed it somewhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
Pro

Speedy_Bronco's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Recruiting difficulty tied to gameplay difficulty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
I've read some posts that seek to explore the underlying difficulty of recruiting in NCAA14 now that an actual recruiting difficulty setting has been removed.

Two arguments arise.

1) That recruiting is a baseline difficulty that doesn't change and is affected by coach skills and abilities (so therefore if you select coach progression as 'slow' your recruiting will be more difficult because it takes you longer to unlock the recruiting skill tree).

2) That recruiting difficulty is tied to gameplay difficulty. So if you play games on Heisman you'll have tough recruiting, whereas varsity will be a little easier. And in this case coaching skills either make you competitive (Heisman) or unstoppable (varsity).

So, what do people think? What have people experienced? And have the game developers even addressed this and I've totally missed it somewhere.
While I do think number 1 is pretty accurate, according to my own experiences, number 2 couldn't be any further from the truth. I think the In-Game difficulty only affects what happens in the game, and has no bearing on recruiting whatsoever.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #3
Pro

Thanks for the response speedy. That's what I thought and the way it really should be. Having too easy recruiting just defeats the game as you could start pulling 5 star recruits as a 1 star program quite easily. That's what happened in 13.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #4
MVP

Ramminyou's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek
Thanks for the response speedy. That's what I thought and the way it really should be. Having too easy recruiting just defeats the game as you could start pulling 5 star recruits as a 1 star program quite easily. That's what happened in 13.
Unfortunately you can do that fairly easy in '14 as well.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramminyou
Unfortunately you can do that fairly easy in '14 as well.
I guess you mean that's tied to the large amount of recruits who go unrecruited throughout the season? I've noticed that. But it was the same last year too, you could find some guys after week three that had no scholarship offers and low interest from all schools and just go hard and get him.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »