Home

Stupid Slow RB?

This is a discussion on Stupid Slow RB? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2013, 12:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Stupid Slow RB?

Playing offline dynasty with Iowa State and I'm kinda confused by what's happening here. I am using the ISU playbook which involves a lot of zone read and shotgun handoffs, and I have noticed that my RBs are PAINFULLY slow. Like, they are literally jogging when I get the ball to them. This is not happening with any other players. In particular, James White (HB #8) is unusable. His specs:

90 Speed
89 Agility
93 Acceleration
88 Awareness
90 Elusiveness
82 Stamina

Fast game speed, 0 Speed Threshold

I have tried this with stamina and injuries off, and nothing is fixing him. He just moves so damn slow. All of my RB do, but his is especially bad. Any ideas?
Yup, broke my PS3 controller 2 weeks ago. Threw it against the leg of my couch. It was the combination of Andrew Luck throwing picks left and right against UCLA, and my friends blowing up my phone to bring pong balls to someone's house... smh

Florida Gators
Chicago Cubs
Manchester United FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 12:43 AM   #2
Rookie

dreyfus's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Stupid Slow RB?

I noticed that in my first season with Purdue. I had a WR/KR that was one of the fastest players on my team, but when I ran with him he just seemed slow. Now I have a WR with 86 speed who feels faster than any other player on my team.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:19 AM   #3
Banned

That has something to do with your RBA slider, try raising it.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:35 AM   #4
Eagles Fan

BleedGreen710's Arena

OVR: 6

If I had to guess I would say its cause your playing on fast speed, the game was made to be played on normal and when you put it on fast it tends to make your players seem sluggish at times. I don't know from experience (I always use normal speed) but people here say that a lot.
Old 09-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Play on normal speed.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2013, 11:12 AM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Play the game on normal speed; I do and I have never seen that issue (even with far less talented players).
Old 09-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've noticed this when playing several teams (Hawaii and Colorado, in particular). My suspicion is that it has to do with the label applied to them – Speed, Balanced, or Power. My power backs seem to run sluggishly, even when their overall speed rating is relatively high.

I think at least one of those cases was playing with normal speed, but I can't recall for the other two cases.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:03 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Thanks for the input. I actually was playing on normal speed and then raised it to fast thinking this would fix it.

His label is 'Speed' so I don't think that's it. I was playing with my RB ability on 5, I'm going to try raising it.

The issue is not one of perception; he doesn't SEEM sluggish, he is just not moving worth a damn. Not compared to other players, but it's about as fast as if you were to take a LB and just barely press the left stick forward to get him to creep up for a blitz. THAT slow.
Yup, broke my PS3 controller 2 weeks ago. Threw it against the leg of my couch. It was the combination of Andrew Luck throwing picks left and right against UCLA, and my friends blowing up my phone to bring pong balls to someone's house... smh

Florida Gators
Chicago Cubs
Manchester United FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »